• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau

Nassau activities; what do you recommend...

• Atlantis / waterpark

• Dolphin encounter / swim

• Shopping

• Beach

• Stay onboard

• other...

Results are only viewable after voting.

davidmolliesmum

i must resist chocolate... i must resist chocolate
any recommedations on what to do in Nassau with 2 children DS10 and DD8;
also if we choose not to 'buy' an excursion via our disney cruise reservation can we still do those things when we get there? i love the idea of the dolphin encounter however my DD cant swim... is it still an option??

DH and I had both been to Nassau before, so on our last cruise we stayed onboard in Nassau. Our DD was 10 at the time, she LOVED swimming in the pool and using the slides on the Magic when it was less crowded.

A lot of people tend to stay onboard with their families. However, you can leave your children in the Oceaneer's Club and Lab (or Edge/ Vibe) for the day and get off the ship without them. Mind you, wave phones will not work off of the ship but your children will have an amazing time in the kids club!:cool1:

any recommedations on what to do in Nassau with 2 children DS10 and DD8;
also if we choose not to 'buy' an excursion via our disney cruise reservation can we still do those things when we get there? i love the idea of the dolphin encounter however my DD cant swim... is it still an option??

At least at Blue Lagoon, as long as you do the encounter and not the swim, you don't need to be able to swim to enjoy the dolphins. You stand on a platform that is about two or three feet under the water, and the dolphin swims up to the platform, where you get to pet it, etc. There is no swimming or deep water involved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter