• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau shore excursions

K3kelly

Earning My Ears
First time to post ... so here it goes.

We are first time cruisers, wondering what is a good excursion at Nassau for Mom, Dad, Nanny, DS 2 1/2 & DD 5???

First time to post ... so here it goes.

We are first time cruisers, wondering what is a good excursion at Nassau for Mom, Dad, Nanny, DS 2 1/2 & DD 5???

We just returned from our 3rd visit to Nassau (2 twice on RCL, once on DCL).

We've visited Atlantis, we've walked around town, we've gone by the Pirate museum, and now we've done the Blackbeards Cay excursion.

456867591_yqgQi-L.jpg

We liked Blackbeards Cay best of all. It's a little more than 4 statute miles and about a 25 minute water taxi ride from the port to small island thats about 3/4 of a mile off the main island of New Providence. The escursion is scheduled to last 3 hours but with transit time and time collecting the stragglers both at the port and on the island its more like 2 hours of beach time. Its a very nice beach though. Sugary soft sand, waist deep water for 10-20 yards from shore. Lots of lounge chairs. They have a bar and a grill but we had just eaten breakfast and opted to return to the ship for lunch. There are also jetskis and kayaks to rent but time is too limited in my opinion for this.

456867541_9tHSD-M.jpg

My son really liked the beach and despite the overcast weather and chilly water still had a blast.

click here for an aerial view of the cay.

Downtown Nassau is nothing special, a maze of t-shirt, jewlery and liquor stores. Our then 5 year old got really bored with that. The straw market is really nothing special either. Overpriced trinkets that would only become clutter in my house.

One tip for an inexpensive but unique souvenir. If you are in Nassau on a weekday, find a bank (there are a number of them downtown) and exchange some of your US money for Bahamian money. We handed a teller a $5 American bill and got back a handful of change and paper bills that are beautiful and has unique shapes (Bahamian money is traded on par with American money). We found the Bahamians we talked with to be very proud of their home and eager to explain what the images on the coins and bills meant.

The excursion though Disney is suppose to be 4-5 hours and it does include lunch, which is just sandwiches, hotdogs ore burgers (from what I read) This is the excursion I hope to do when we go on a cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter