• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau port adventure Pearl Island vs Blue Lagoon?

livvydo

Earning My Ears
I think this may have been asked before, but hoping for new experiences and feedback!

I'm trying to decide between Pearl Island and Blue Lagoon as an excursion in Nassau. Has anyone a) done both and have a preference and/or b) any feedback about which would be better for a 4 year old?

I think this may have been asked before, but hoping for new experiences and feedback!

I'm trying to decide between Pearl Island and Blue Lagoon as an excursion in Nassau. Has anyone a) done both and have a preference and/or b) any feedback about which would be better for a 4 year old?
Following this. Deciding the same thing next year for older kids, but will say the one you tube video I watched mentioned how blue lagoon’s water didn’t go deeper than 3-4 feet (except in the blow up area where life jackets are required). We are leaning towards Pearl because of snorkeling.

I haven’t gone to Pearl Island due to its limited water access from a Sandy beach. In all the videos I watch, it is built on a rocky atoll, with only one sand beach.

Blue Lagoon shows more “beach”. If the water is only 3-4 feet, that’s deep enough for a 4 yo. Shady lounger area.

I would look at Margaritaville Resort water park day pass. It’s walkable from the port. Has a lazy river and beach front. If you need to bail and return to the ship, there is no waiting for the designated boat.

And there is the option to stay on the boat. Fairly common. If you have never cruised before and are doing a short cruise (3-4 days), with a 4 yo, you might enjoy using the ship’s features. A 4-day cruise only gets you 3 full days onboard.

I haven’t gone to Pearl Island due to its limited water access from a Sandy beach. In all the videos I watch, it is built on a rocky atoll, with only one sand beach.

Blue Lagoon shows more “beach”. If the water is only 3-4 feet, that’s deep enough for a 4 yo. Shady lounger area.

I would look at Margaritaville Resort water park day pass. It’s walkable from the port. Has a lazy river and beach front. If you need to bail and return to the ship, there is no waiting for the designated boat.

And there is the option to stay on the boat. Fairly common. If you have never cruised before and are doing a short cruise (3-4 days), with a 4 yo, you might enjoy using the ship’s features. A 4-day cruise only gets you 3 full days onboard.
Is that day pass booked through Disney or ?

We sail in Sept and have done Pearl Island and it was great. However … it was in Oct 2021 and our ship was the only one there.

On FB pages I’ve been reading Blue Lagoon has 3-4 diff cruise lines there and finding a spot is really a challenge. I’m seriously considering canceling it. The food reviews are all meh as well.

We've done both, and I preferred Blue Lagoon (recent tragedy aside)

First, the transport to Pearl Island would be very similar, if not the same transport company, as Blue Lagoon. I think the tragedy of that ferry should cause some concern for any transport, not just to Blue Lagoon. We've done both and Blue Lagoon is a lot better. We did the VIP area on Blue Lagoon, but Pearl didn't have that option. The food at Blue Lagoon VIP was a lot better, the beach was better, service, etc....Pearl is fine, but Blue Lagoon is better.

Not sure if the accident will change anything, but who knows.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/saw-this-news-about-blue-lagoon-ferry.3934365/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter