• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau: Margaritville Paradise Island Grand Opening

Paradise Island will get an increase of cruise ship traffic by 10 percent. What do you think?

I'd bet MORE than 10%. This makes me want to go back to Nassau and go to PI. And I'm not a Nassau fan. But I do like Margaritaville and all its kitschiness.

"guests arriving from the Paradise Island Ferry Terminal will find a Fin-shaped swimming pool complete with a LandShark Pool Bar that features underwater bottle top themed pedestals where they can soak up an authentic Margaritaville experience"

Very fun.

The one thing we forgot about, and therefore didn't plan to do and didn't do, was to go on the waterslide at Grand Cayman's Margaritaville!

What is the best way to get to from the Ship to Margaritaville?

Paradise Island will get an increase of cruise ship traffic by 10 percent. What do you think?
I'm not a cruiser, so I don't have any idea how many more people will come over. But even if a good number do, I don't think it will be a problem because of the location:
Atlants PI Map.jpg
The location is great for cruisers coming over for lunch on a water taxi from the cruise docks downtown. Its just a short walk from the taxi dock on Paradise Island.

For any other visitors, its a bit too long of a walk from any other activity areas to just hop over.

For dinner, it will be a nice addition for Atlantis guests, as there are only one or two non-Atlantis dining venues on Paradise Island.
What is the best way to get to from the Ship to Margaritaville?
Probably the water taxi, if you're just coming over to PI to got to Margaritaville.

* The access path might have moved....I haven't been keeping up with this story.

Last edited:
Margaritaville? been to a few different locations. Have yet to have even diner-quality food at any of them. I like ol' jimmy but the restaurant's allure evades me.....:confused3

Further, what is the purpose of traveling to some distant port and eating at a "local" restaurant? That isn't to say that i haven't had subway in cancun, but i was there for 8 days. Comfort zone type eating seems very.....safe. I personally, could travel to a mall food court for that.

Again, in an effort to diffuse those that perceive this as a knock on margaritaville, it is my opinion based on my experiences. I'm just wonderin' out loud here.........

Further, what is the purpose of traveling to some distant port and eating at a "local" restaurant? That isn't to say that i haven't had subway in cancun, but i was there for 8 days. Comfort zone type eating seems very.....safe. I personally, could travel to a mall food court for that.
I get you're point, but there just isn't that much 'authentic' Bahamian food available in Nassau. I eat lots of varieties of food at home (Indian, Thai, Ethiopian, Moroccan, Greek, Jamaican), but I'd say Bahamian food culture has been overwhelmed by American influences.

The Bahamas has its own culture, but I think they eat a mostly American diet in Nassau. You get some Bahamian ingredients in Nassau (not sure I can think of anything aside from conch though) in regular restaurants.

From Frommers:

Cuisine, sad to say, is not one of the most compelling reasons to come to The Bahamas. You can fare much better on the mainland, especially in Florida. Except for some notable exceptions, many restaurants serve fairly routine international fare of the surf-and-turf variety. Local seafood dishes consist mainly of grouper and conch. In the Out Islands, you'll likely get one or the other every night. More exotic fish is often flown in frozen from Miami, as is most meat and poultry.

The best restaurants are in Nassau, Cable Beach, Paradise Island, and, to a lesser extent, Freeport/Lucaya. That doesn't mean you can't eat satisfactorily elsewhere in The Bahamas. You can, but chances are you won't be collecting recipes.

The are many good and a few great restaurants at Atlantis. But they're not really Bahamian in any way.

I don't eat seafood so I'm not eating bahamian food.

And margaritaville is NOT local for us. :)

If it gets ME off the ship, the locals along the way who might sell me transportation get more money. This is a good thing. And m'ville will hire locals which is good. Seems to me it's all good. Especially since I don't have to eat seafood. :)

I've been to three of these locations and was never impressed with the food let alone the wait time to sit and dine. I will say it is a fun stop for a drink and some pictures based on the atmosphere at each restaurant. Would I suggest going out of you way to go, no. But, if you are in the area make a stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter