Nassau Excursions

MamaKate

Simply meant to be...
We are going on our 1st Disney Cruise in April 2005 and I was wondering if there are any excursions worth doing?

It'll be me and 2 kids (9 & 8). I read the Passporter and it didn't seem like any of the excursions got great reviews.

Has anyone recently been on any of the excursions with kids?

Which one would you reccommend?

Which one should I avoid at all cost?

Thanks!
;) :D ,
Katie

The Discover Atlantis excursion is cool and worth it for the aquarium. Then again, we have no kids... thinking back to my childhood, I think I would have enjoyed it at 8/9 years old. Kids never tire of aquariums.

Don't know if there were any that I heard which were awful.

Where in SoCal are you anyways... 'roundabouts L.A.?

goingbacksoon

We're going in March, 2005. My DS will be 9 then, and I think we're going to do the Dolphin Encounter, maybe even book a Dolphin Swim on our own. I've heard this is a once in a lifetime kind of thing. I'm a teacher, and some of my students were talking about their experiences doing this on cruises with their families. They all had the most positive things to say about it.

Julie

juliewent---i did a dolphin encounter in january...loved it,,got great pictures---the only regret was that i didnt get the chance for the dolphin swim!

Brrrrrr. In January.... Did you freeze do death? I was a little worried about the water temp in March. Do the short wet suits they give really help that much?

Julie

When we went 2 years ago my daughter (then 4) loved the dolphin encounter, we are going again in a few weeks but we are passing up on the encounter and looking into The Blue Lagoon or Atlantis, Im still try trying to make up my mind. Anyway the encounter was ok but it felt like it took forever and pretty much the whole day, between waiting and getting to Paradise Island before we knew it we had to get back to the ship.

'Did the Dolphin Encounter with my 8-year-old granddaughter in May . IT WAS GREAT! I highly reccomend it!

Bill

I'm going to look into the dolphin encounter. Sounds like it could be fun. But how long is the boat ride over?? And usually how long does the whole experience last??

I was also looking at the swimming with stingrays @ Blue Lagoon, but since it's newer, I haven't heard much about it. Has anyone done this??

Thanks for all the input!
;) :D ,
Katie

Originally posted by JulieWent
Brrrrrr. In January.... Did you freeze do death? I was a little worried about the water temp in March. Do the short wet suits they give really help that much?

Julie

i didnt think it was cold at all...im from new jersey so that water was warm to me...the wet suits worked, but i dont think i would have been that cold without them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter