Nassau Excursion Questions

m3owbox

Mouseketeer
What are some of everyone's favorite excursions in Nassau? Having trouble finding one that looks enjoyable for everyone in our group. There's DH, my mother and my sister who is 18 and I.

We did the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim. It was fun! We could have stayed longer on the property if desired, but we returned to the ship for lunch then shopping around afterwards.

Have fun planning!:flower:

I'm looking at doing the Bahamian food tour. It looks fun and totally different from anything else I have read on here. I found it by going on Trip Advisor and searching for things to do in Nassau. It gets some really good reviews from what I see.

If everyone loves chocolate, the Greycliff Hotel Chocolate Factory Tour won't disappoint! We enjoyed it so much we went back a second time.
Learn the art of making chocolate and then make several of your own chocolate creations which they will pack for you in a wooden cigar box (at least when we went) to take back to the ship. No problem getting back on the ship with the chocolate. The tour guide (Kiki) was a hoot!

We didn't do an excursion but walked through the market, hit the Harley store for DH and then made our way to the Pirates of Nassau museum which our family really enjoyed although it isn't anything that takes a while. There are a few walking tours of Nassau that you can do on your own as well to see the Queen's staircase, the fort, etc if you just google Nassau Walking Tour. For us it was just a little while off the ship to see some of Nassau and then right back on again. Good Luck planning!

We disembarked mid morning and walked out of the secured area at the port. We then walked around the tourist shops for about 10 minutes and then re-boarded. The rest of the day we enjoyed a very low population ship. For our upcoming Oct sailing we are going to book the Stuart Cove SCUBA excursion.

If everyone loves chocolate, the Greycliff Hotel Chocolate Factory Tour won't disappoint! We enjoyed it so much we went back a second time.
Learn the art of making chocolate and then make several of your own chocolate creations which they will pack for you in a wooden cigar box (at least when we went) to take back to the ship. No problem getting back on the ship with the chocolate. The tour guide (Kiki) was a hoot!
That really sounds like a lot of fun. Do you think it fills up fast? We would be worrying about it booking up before we can book it.

My DD(20) and I have done the Atlantis Beach and Water Park excursion which includes lunch which is alot of fun if you have never been to Nassau. Atlantis is nice to walk thru and see the aquarium.
Enjoy your trip.:tigger:

We booked a day pass (not through DCL) to the British Colonial Hilton. We walked from the ship (took about 10-15 minutes), and used their pool and private beach, plus we received a resort credit for each pass that we used for drinks and food. Very relaxing!

We booked a day pass (not through DCL) to the British Colonial Hilton. We walked from the ship (took about 10-15 minutes), and used their pool and private beach, plus we received a resort credit for each pass that we used for drinks and food. Very relaxing!

We did this and agree it was fun!

That really sounds like a lot of fun. Do you think it fills up fast? We would be worrying about it booking up before we can book it.
When we took the two chocolate tours it was a new offering from DCL so had no trouble getting booked. Plus, we've been Platinum a long time. I would imagine since then it's gained a lot of fans as word got around what a fun tour it was, but that doesn't mean you won't be able to get booked during your window of opportunity even if this is your first cruise. Just try for it as soon as you can and my guess is you'll make it!

You'll put on a net robe, hairnet, and booties over your shoes for the tour. Pay attention as you'll be given a quiz on what you learned afterwards but don't worry, it's all in fun and you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Their chocolate, which they ship all over the world, is delicious! You'll cover various candies in chocolate (all the fixings are on a plate in front of you) plus make a chocolate bar from a mold. You can just eat up whatever chocolate you don't use on your candies.

A lip smacking good tour and something different from the usual offerings.

We did this one, too, and it was great! There were many kids in our class, so it was appropriate for all ages.

I'm looking at doing the Bahamian food tour. It looks fun and totally different from anything else I have read on here. I found it by going on Trip Advisor and searching for things to do in Nassau. It gets some really good reviews from what I see.
I've been looking on Trip Advisor, too. So now I REALLY can't decide!

In December, we booked it the night before Nassau day, right on the boat. So, no problems for us back then.

How many people stay on the boat? Been to Nassau several times and not so interested anymore, too pushy for me.

How many people stay on the boat? Been to Nassau several times and not so interested anymore, too pushy for me.

From what I've read here, lots of folks seem to stay on the ship in Nassau in the hope of using the pools, etc. when it's not too crowded. I assume the day will come when the ship will almost look like sea day if that keeps up!

We, too, have been to Nassau many times (our 26th DCL cruise is coming up in Oct.) but always get off the ship. We've never found the natives to be pushy at all. A no thanks is all you need and be on your way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter