Nassau dolphin excursion

disneynewbee

DIS Veteran
We are considering this excursion for our cruise and wanted to see how people liked it. Anyone have any experiences they can share? Also what happens if the weather is bad? Will they offer a refund. TIA

We just did it this week... we really enjoyed it... There was no problem with the weather, so I'm not sure about the refund. It is a really well run place. Make sure you bring stuff to hang out on the island afterwards. We had about 1 1/2 hours after to hang on the beach, and I would have brought my book to read if I had known. I read somewhere on here to make sure to bring water shoes, but they were not allowed in the water with the dolphins. So that is not a great tip. Ask away if you have any more questions. Maybe on monday I can post some pictures

I would love to see pics if you get a chance. How deep is the water? We will have a 3yo so I'm wondering if it's shallow enough for them to stand or if the parents hold them. Thanks.

There were some very young children in our group. It is not very deep where you are standing. Most of the time the adults had to kneel down on their knees. Maybe 3 feet? Or less? It is a platform in the water the dolphins swim up to. The very small children were held by the parent... I will post pics on Sunday or Monday

My 16 yo daughter and I did the encounter a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. It was the highlight of our vacation. I wish we'd had an earlier time scheduled so we could have enjoyed the beach there, but other than that it was a great time.

The company's website says they operate rain or shine and there are no refunds unless they cancel the excursion. We booked directly with the company so I'm not sure if that policy differs if you book it through DCL.

Ok... so I said Sunday or Monday... I didn't say which one... here goes... Here we are waiting our turn...
IMG_1309.jpg

The dolphin being introduced to us... There are about 6 groups all together per group
IMG_1310.jpg

Getting into the COLD water...
IMG_1312.jpg

They do a picture of each group with the dolphin kissing one of you
IMG_1313.jpg

You get to pet the dolphin...
IMG_1327.jpg

Touch his teeth
IMG_1324.jpg

Dance with him...
IMG_1331.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1327.jpg

And kiss him... sorry, somehow that one didn't upload...

If you don't want a kiss... he will splash you! (unless you are a nervous kid... they were great with my older daughter who got scared)

Hope this helps!

Thanks for uploading the photos! We have been talking about doing this for our upcoming cruise. At first it was just me and DS, and now DD and DH will be joining us for a big ole family trip to the dolphins!

I enjoyed the dolphin encounter as well. You can even upgrade to a swim when you get to Blue Lagoon if there are enough spaces left.

Bought a picture, and later, bought a mousepad from their website.

To Melsherard:
Did you do the excursion at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon? we have booked for Atlantis and were just wondering which you did.

To Melsherard:
Did you do the excursion at Atlantis or Blue Lagoon? we have booked for Atlantis and were just wondering which you did.

We did the Blue Lagoon excursion. It was a blast! Although it would have been cool to see Atlantis, too

Thanks for uploading the photos! We have been talking about doing this for our upcoming cruise. At first it was just me and DS, and now DD and DH will be joining us for a big ole family trip to the dolphins!

Have fun! My husband was there... as the photographer! We didn't have extra funds for the pics they offered.

Thanks for the pictures my girls will love this. For those who upgraded to the swim how much more was it? I think my oldest dd who will be 16 would like to do the swim instead of just the encounter but my question is this. If she does the swim and we do the encounter are they done in the same area or a seperate. I would want to watch her but I will be doing the encounter with the younger ones so is it possible to do the encounter and then watch her do the swim? Also what is involved and how deep is the water. Anyone have pics of the swim they would like to share? TIA

Thanks for responding!! Great pix it looks like a great time I can't wait!!!

Just remember this is rain or shine. We did this the end of Nov 2008. It POORED and we were freezing they did have wet suits and the dolphins didn't care but it was spooky being in the water with thunder and ligtning around you, I still would not trade it for the world one of the best times in my life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter