Nassau Dolphin Encounter

nkkilala

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me about the Nassau Dolphin Encounter?? Is this the one where you swim with them and they push on your feet?

I'm thinking of doing it with my husband on our feb 14th cruise.

Thanks!

My son and I are doing this are first cruise next Monday- if you book thru DCL you only get to "play" with the dolphins-no swim.

CRUIZEN MAMMA is correct. The DCL encounter is just a meet and greet. However when we went they did have some spots available to folk who wanted to upgrade to the actually swim. I'm not sure what the extra cost was. Or you could book directly with the dolphin place itself.

We did this in May last year, booked direct with the dolphin encounter company and did the swim package. It really is wonderful and you get plenty of dolphin time. But yep, part of the interaction involves being pushed along in the water by a dolphin in a sort of superman-esque pose :D

$165 seems awfully expensive. Did anyone who swam with the dolphins feel as though the experience was worth it? (esp. if you were strapped for spending money)

We just did the dolphin swim in October and it was myself DH, DD12 and DS8.

It was definately worth the money to us. Plenty of time in the water with the dolphins and the foot push was awesome. When we compared the price to the encounter we decided to spend the extra money.

We just did the encounter on 11/09/07. The Swim was booked so it was not an option. Remember, you will be buying the DVD ($59) & pictures ($20-40) following your time with the dolphins so even the encounter adds up. If $$$ is not a concern & the swim is available, go for it. If you want to save a little $$$ I thought the encounter was great & we had plenty of time in the water with the dolphin. You get a hug, kiss, dance, get to touch the dolphin as it swims buy you a few times. That was fine for me & my two girls (13 &11). Were were the last group of 6 that went into the water with the dolphin so we got to hang around the pool almost the entire time we were at the facility. That was real nice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter