• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau comfort suites

jennifer in canada

Mouseketeer
Anyone booked at Nassau comfort suites lately to get the full access to the Atlantic resort....if so how did it work out for you? Thinking of going this route (we are a family of four, kids are 7 and 4.5 and not really sure about the waterpark option yet but this way we could use it if we wanted too!)

We are sailing tomorrow out of Miami and we looked into this.
We will be in Nassau on Saturday, the cheapest room was $251.

So we just booked the beach day excursion for $90 each.
We are only 2 people.

We just got off last week and did the Comfort Suites while in Nassau. It worked out great for us. We have 2 kids, both 8 years old.

The CS checkin process was very fast and it is just a short walk to the Atlantis. You have to then stop at the lower lobby of the Atlantis for wristbands. Honestly the biggest hassle is dealing with the taxi drivers at the port.

They don't adverstise the smaller slides but there are a number of very small slides as well. These slides connect some of the smaller pools around the larger pool and are nice for the younger kids. Even if your 4 year old isn't into the slides, you'll may enjoy having some larger pools to swim and play in. The cruise pools get very crowded.

Anyone booked at Nassau comfort suites lately to get the full access to the Atlantic resort....if so how did it work out for you? Thinking of going this route (we are a family of four, kids are 7 and 4.5 and not really sure about the waterpark option yet but this way we could use it if we wanted too!)

I just booked a room at the Comfort Suites for our cruise in September. The AAA rate was only $143.10 and we have until 5 days before check-in to cancel without penalty. On the negative side, the tax was a whopping $70.52 and the fine print says that we will also be charged an energy surcharge of $15.95/person and housekeeping gratuities of $5/person. A bummer since we will likely not step foot in the room! The grand total will be $244.52. We would otherwise have booked the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion, which runs $169/person.

Lisa Lisa said:
I just booked a room at the Comfort Suites for our cruise in September. The AAA rate was only $143.10 and we have until 5 days before check-in to cancel without penalty. On the negative side, the tax was a whopping $70.52 and the fine print says that we will also be charged an energy surcharge of $15.95/person and housekeeping gratuities of $5/person. A bummer since we will likely not step foot in the room! The grand total will be $244.52. We would otherwise have booked the Atlantis Aquaventure excursion, which runs $169/person.

Yay! You got a great rate! We were discussing this a few weeks ago in another thread because I did this in 2011. Everyone was getting crazy rates like $279/nt and up, and I had gotten about what you did. So glad to hear they still do have some decent rates.

We used it on February 1st. I agree with PP that taxis drivers are worse part!! We had a party of 6. We had planned to let my husband and kids go to waterpark and mom and I just hang out. My son broke his leg and was wheelchair bound just a few days before and it took me forever to gain access to push my son around. The lady that gives out aquaventure didn't see my point that I just wanted to push him out there are set with him because he could not do any water activites. Ended up having to buy a beach pass. My son stayed about 15 minutes and we went back to the room to chill and use wifi.

Yay! You got a great rate! We were discussing this a few weeks ago in another thread because I did this in 2011. Everyone was getting crazy rates like $279/nt and up, and I had gotten about what you did. So glad to hear they still do have some decent rates.

I was very happy to get the low rate as it will only be DH and me. If it had been much more expensive, the savings would have been small or nonexistent. After taxi fare and lunch, we will probably only save about $50, but I also wanted to avoid all the rigamarole involved in the DCL excursion. The real savings come when you have 3 or 4 in a room!

We used it on February 1st. I agree with PP that taxis drivers are worse part!! We had a party of 6. We had planned to let my husband and kids go to waterpark and mom and I just hang out. My son broke his leg and was wheelchair bound just a few days before and it took me forever to gain access to push my son around. The lady that gives out aquaventure didn't see my point that I just wanted to push him out there are set with him because he could not do any water activites. Ended up having to buy a beach pass. My son stayed about 15 minutes and we went back to the room to chill and use wifi.

That stinks that you had to buy a beach pass. Why is that, though? I thought that the wristband you get when you have a room booked at CS gets you access to everything at Atlantis?

What time were you able to get into the room? We're debating whether to check in and out at the same time. If we can't get into the room until 3:00 or 4:00, we will probably never set foot inside!

I was very happy to get the low rate as it will only be DH and me. If it had been much more expensive, the savings would have been small or nonexistent. After taxi fare and lunch, we will probably only save about $50, but I also wanted to avoid all the rigamarole involved in the DCL excursion. The real savings come when you have 3 or 4 in a room!

I've never seen a rate as low as some of y'all have gotten. Just the $290+. And you'd think since we don't travel during the busier times of year (like summers, holidays, etc.) it wouldn't be such an issue. :confused3

Definitely agree with not having to do the herd thing. I hate that part with the cruise line excursion. I think if ever there was a reason I paid OOP for a day pass that would be the reason why, to avoid the herded cattle feeling. I will say, our 2nd time going on the Aquaventure the hubby and I were plenty familiar with where we were headed. When we stepped off the bus and the driver was waving everyone over to the "guide" we walked right around all of them and headed back to our favorite spot. We didn't see the rest of the group come along for at least 25 minutes or so.

That stinks that you had to buy a beach pass. Why is that, though? I thought that the wristband you get when you have a room booked at CS gets you access to everything at Atlantis?

What time were you able to get into the room? We're debating whether to check in and out at the same time. If we can't get into the room until 3:00 or 4:00, we will probably never set foot inside!

My experience with CS was that they know many people "checking in" are there just for Atlantis. They were happy to check you in at their desk early, but they were enforcing not being able to enter your room until 3:00. So for us, we never went back to CS after checking into their system. They seem to expect this and don't want to waste having to clean their rooms for folks who aren't actually staying the night. They are getting paid for use of a room that most people aren't using. That was the only negative. I really wanted to unload belongings and change in our room. Instead we rented a locker at Atlantis.

On another note, for anyone who earns points through hotel stays with Comfort Rewards, you can get a room using points! You still have to pay the "energy fees" listed above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter