• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau - anything 'not to miss'?

natale1980

"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..
We weren't planning on leaving the ship for our Nassau day. We've been there twice already and havn't seen anything all that great.

BUT - is there anything that you guy know of that we have missed?? What should we do if we leave the ship?
Not a whole day thing... but maybe a morning thing - or a shop we NEED to go to.

Who knows... let me know if there is anything. Or let me know if we should stay on the ship.

THANKS! :flower3:
-nat

been there and done it all..stay on the ship and get a couples massage:thumbsup2 I wish DCL would get rid of this port and Key west..both are worthless:sad1:

Rob

We usually take a cab to Atlantis for a couple hours, then come back and enjoy the peaceful, quiet ship. It's a great time for a photo safari!

At Nassua We went to the Piratepirate: Museume, and had a great time! i would definetly say go there!!

We did alot the last time we went as we stayed over night in port. We did the pirate museum and actually left early during the tour. It was brutal. It might've been our guide, but it was so boring and so slow. I did find out some interesting facts, but we would stay at each display soooo long before moving on. We also had some guy in our group asking 50 million questions, which is why I think we took so long. But we weren't the only people leaving early, a few others were looking for an escape like us and then we all found it and exited together.
We did the city tour and it was neat and interesting, but not something to do a second time, and if your kids are coming along, I doubt they would enjoy it.
We did the aquarium at Atlantis, but not worth the price. ( I do think everyone should visit some part of Atlantis at least once though)It is a beautiful resort and I think my favorite thing at the port was taking pics of Atlantis.
We also did the straw market, but mainly just the outside as it wa sooooo crowded.
This trip the plan is to do the blackbeards stingray thing. It is different from other things we have done. This will be DD4 first trip on a cruise and I think it is something she may enjoy.

We stay on the ship now that we have been there before. After 2 trips off the ship we decided the only things worth getting off for were the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory and the Hard Rock Cafe. So if we do not feel like going to one of those 2 places...we just stay on the ship and enjoy the quiet.

We have two very active boys, so we'll do Atlantis again. They love to swim and love the water attractions, so it is a no-brainer for us. Our last trip, we walked around Nassau, but we wouldn't bother again. It really is a yucky place and we wouldn't even get off the ship if it weren't for Atlantis.

We were in Nassau last week. We had a couples massage in the morning, enjoyed the stone crab in the Beach Blanket Buffet for lunch, then ventured off for our Nassau journey. The only things we did were go to Graycliff for cigars for my DH and Tortuga rum cake factory for me! ;) We were barely off of the ship for an hour and a half.

humm... where is the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory - can you walk to it? :scratchin And how about the pirate: pirate museum... whats the cost.. and can you walk from the ship?

I want to do Atlantis - but not with the kids, they are too young for it to be worth it.

Just returned from a RCL cruise that stopped in Nassau. We did the Blackbeard's Cay excursion this time and really enjoyed it. More details and some photos in this thread.

I think I'm in the minority, but I really like walking around Nassau. My first trip there, we just hit the touristy shops. When I went with my husband, we walked to the Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle and around town and visited the Pirate museum.

Last week, with my daughter, I went to Paradise Island for the dolphin excursion at Blue Lagoon. If we'd had more time we would have spent time on the beach there as it was included in the excursion price.

If I had little kids I might not enjoy all the walking around so much, though.

humm... where is the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory - can you walk to it? :scratchin And how about the pirate: pirate museum... whats the cost.. and can you walk from the ship?

Yes, this is a very quick walk from the ship. Only a few blocks from the port. You can stay on the street that you come out of from where you get off of the ship (Woodes Rogers), head right a few blocks, and take a left at Frederick St. It would be on the left before you get to Bay St. They have free samples too. :thumbsup2

We weren't planning on leaving the ship for our Nassau day. We've been there twice already and havn't seen anything all that great.

BUT - is there anything that you guy know of that we have missed?? What should we do if we leave the ship?
Not a whole day thing... but maybe a morning thing - or a shop we NEED to go to.

All along I've been thinking, I'm staying on the ship, on the ship, on the ship. WHAT was I doing last night? Looking at the excursions. My husband found me and started laughing and said "what happened to the quiet time on the boat?" and I logged off.
So, again I'm staying ON THE SHIP!:upsidedow

We've done Atlantis, we've done walking around, we've done a glass-bottom boat tour. I think, for us, we're just staying on the ship.

I know that it's a good port, easily reachable, and there may be some legal reason that they have to go there (isn't the ship of Bahamian registry?), but it would not offend me at all if they found a new port at least part of the time on the shorter cruises.

Yes, this is a very quick walk from the ship. Only a few blocks from the port. You can stay on the street that you come out of from where you get off of the ship (Woodes Rogers), head right a few blocks, and take a left at Frederick St. It would be on the left before you get to Bay St. They have free samples too. :thumbsup2

The fresh warm samples are SOOOOOO GOOOD! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2
NOT TO MISS!!!!
It is really cool because you can look though the glass windows and watch them making the cakes.
Our kids loved watching the cakes being made, eatting them and then getting some to take home. The Original is my favorite cake.
Very close to the ship!
So is the Hard Rock Cafe. Great potato skins and drinks! Safe food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter