NASCAR Fans - Pick Your Top 5 for Atlanta (RESULTS pg 5)

Did anybody see the guy who sang the National Anthem? Was that John Michael Montgomery?? We couldn't see him (we got cheapie seats), but he sounded aweful...at times it was almost like he forgot the words or something.

Ginny :)

Those of us watching from home (and jealous of those of you at the track) only saw John Michael Montgomery start the song (with his cowboy hat on :( ). Right after he started singing (????) Fox switched to showing the crews (Bobby Labonte's face was priceless.) Apparently John had to read the words to the National Anthem and the rumor around the net is he was either drunk or high. Have been waiting to find some official report somewhere but have yet to see one.

ToriLammy said:
Those of us watching from home (and jealous of those of you at the track) only saw John Michael Montgomery start the song (with his cowboy hat on :( ). Right after he started singing (????) Fox switched to showing the crews (Bobby Labonte's face was priceless.) Apparently John had to read the words to the National Anthem and the rumor around the net is he was either drunk or high. Have been waiting to find some official report somewhere but have yet to see one.

He was totally off-key and this is what we heard on XM.... a guy who was down near the action said JMM almost fell off the stage and two guys had to help him off. The same guy said that his buddy went to a JMM a couple of years ago and the dude was drunk. Is this the "friend of a friend" urban legend thing? I dunno..but JMM sure sounded bad.

I'm glad that the station didn't show him on TV....but I sure wish I could have seen Bobby's face. :)

Ginny

Want to make sure our winner and other players see this thread. :)

Congrats Captain Fink!!! Great job with your picks this week!!

Boy what a fall I made though!! ;) Jeff will make up for it next week I'm sure!!

Congrats Captain Fink!!!

Well I missed most of the race again. I had the TV on in the other room the last 60 laps. Of course since I didn't get to see the beginning of the race I didn't know what happened the first lap. I knew my score would be pretty bad.

See everyone in 2 weeks.

Congrats Captain Fink! Apparently I was involved in that lap 1 fiasco ;)

DukeStreetKing said:
Of course they have, we can't have Jeffie and Jimmy looking bad. ;)

It's actually Jeffy and Jimmie - if you're going to do it - spell 'em right. Don't know what exactly this has to do with Jeff (other than he's the car owner) - Jeff was not too low or too high and his crew chief was not penalized at all. As a matter of of fact the article says the fine and points docked remained the same -- so really Jeff was technically punished as car owner.

ToriLammy said:
It's actually Jeffy and Jimmie - if you're going to do it - spell 'em right. Don't know what exactly this has to do with Jeff (other than he's the car owner) - Jeff was not too low or too high and his crew chief was not penalized at all. As a matter of of fact the article says the fine and points docked remained the same -- so really Jeff was technically punished as car owner.

Sorry, Tori, but nobody's been picking on Jeff lately so I thought I would just to stir things up. I had a rough day at work and needed an outlet.

Love ya, mean it.

:goodvibes

Thank you all. I haven't been able to check this thread until now. I guess being a Roush Racing fan has payed off. :goodvibes Can't wait until Bristle. That track is a great equilizer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter