Narrowing my options...

jacksgirl

DIS Veteran
So we have 9 nights on dining plan. We will be coming in mid-afternoon on Wednesday and leaving mid-afternoon on the following Friday. Traveling party will be me, DH, DS17 and DS10. This is how our TS list looks right now:

Ohana (dinner) - must do, it's our fave
Ohana (breakfast) - DS10 loves this
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) - DS17's request
Akershus (lunch) - never done this, just wanted to try it
Tony's Town Square (dinner) - DS17's request
Liberty Tree Tavern - never done this, just wanted to try it
Rose & Crown - we love this one
Sci-Fi Dine In - must do for DS10
Tusker House (lunch) - another one we just want to try
Biergarten (dinner) - don't care much for the food but DS10 loves the band

So that's 10. However, we could fit a couple more in if we wanted to without pushing the time envelope. Here are some of the things we were a little disappointed not to fit in this time: 50s Prime Time, Whispering Canyon, Garden Grill, T-Rex, Boma. And some we'd like to try: Les Chefs de France, Coral Reef (haven't been here in years), Yak & Yeti.

My question is this: What are your experiences and recommendations, even for those on the first list cause it's not set in stone?

Most of your current ADRs look fine. The only one I would have a problem with is Tony's. I know it's a request, but quite honestly, it's probably the worst TS place in MK. Are you doing lunch or dinner at LTT? Love the lunches there!! Dinner is ok.

We also really enjoy 50's PTC, but I wouldn't recommend doing it AND Sci Fi on the same DHS day, unless you were eating very light at Sci Fi for lunch.

I'd pick dinner at Boma over a meal at Yak n Yeti on an AK day. (Although I'd prefer Sanaa over either of these).

I don't care for the dinners at Whispering Canyon since they changed the menu.

We like Garden Grill and les Chefs, but have a strong aversion to Coral Reef.

Just my opinions from previous meals there.

Ohana (dinner) - must do, it's our fave
Ohana (breakfast) - DS10 loves this
1900 Park Fare (breakfast) - DS17's request
Akershus (lunch) - never done this, just wanted to try it
Tony's Town Square (dinner) - DS17's request
Liberty Tree Tavern - never done this, just wanted to try it
Rose & Crown - we love this one
Sci-Fi Dine In - must do for DS10
Tusker House (lunch) - another one we just want to try
Biergarten (dinner) - don't care much for the food but DS10 loves the band

Yum! I echo the PP about Tony's....yuck. I make better spaghetti with sauce in a jar. :rotfl: What about Via Napoli at Epcot instead? IMHO the food at Akershus is not outstanding, but the princesses are, so depends on what you are looking for. I might sub Yak & Yeti for Tusker House, but that is personal preference. Also, we really like Chefs de France and have eaten there several times. Happy eating!

Yum! I echo the PP about Tony's....yuck. I make better spaghetti with sauce in a jar. :rotfl: What about Via Napoli at Epcot instead? IMHO the food at Akershus is not outstanding, but the princesses are, so depends on what you are looking for. I might sub Yak & Yeti for Tusker House, but that is personal preference. Also, we really like Chefs de France and have eaten there several times. Happy eating!

couldn't agree more...Via Napoli has it all over Tony's and yes...spaghetti out of a jar is better!!!:rotfl2:

Love Via Napoli and Coral Reef and Garden Grill. I did manage to get a very late 'Ohana dinner ADR, but dropped it after reading a lot of bad reviews recently. Plus, the appetizers and the dessert do not appeal to me.

We do Yak and Yeti every time and also the 1900 breakfast.

With doing Tusker House, I wouldn't worry too much about missing Boma, many of the dishes are the same flavor profile.

Is LTT lunch or dinner? I much prefer many of the lunch items to the dinner.

I ate at Chefs de France in July, and while I thought it was okay, it certainly didn't knock my socks off. I won't rush to go back. If you do decide to add it, try to go at lunch so you can see Remy.

Agree with pp that Whispering Canyon is not as good as it used to be since the menu change.

For Yak and Yeti, maybe try to the local foods QS to fit it in without taking up too much more time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter