• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narrowed It Down To Three

tinkertot

Mouseketeer
Okay I narrowed it down to three resorts. Dolphin,FQ and WL. Now the hard part is which one to go with.:confused: I love the FQ, never stayed at WL and have a teacher discount available at the Dolphin. I'm going to make myself crazy:laughing:over this. I'm glued constantly to the computer:surfweb: trying to help myself make a decision. I keep looking at the pictures and reviews of each one. But I'm being wishy washy right now.
Pleeeaaassse give me your input.

Another vote for WL. It is a great resort. I have only had the opportunity to stay there one, but we fell in love with it.

Suzanne

Here's a vote for The Dolphin! No you won't get Disney theming inside - but we can't pass up the location!!!! You can walk out the door to The Boardwalk, and you can also walk to Epcot & MGM. We found it quicker to actually walk to Epcot (through the International Gateway) and exit out the front of Epcot to hop the monorail to MK, rather than wait for a bus to MK. (Assuming of course you have a park hopper to get into Epcot).

We also love the Swan/Dolphin pool area as much or better than any Disney Resort we've been too, and love all the dining options there as well.

Have fun whatever you choose!

Okay I narrowed it down to three resorts. Dolphin,FQ and WL. Now the hard part is which one to go with.:confused: I love the FQ, never stayed at WL and have a teacher discount available at the Dolphin. I'm going to make myself crazy:laughing:over this. I'm glued constantly to the computer:surfweb: trying to help myself make a decision. I keep looking at the pictures and reviews of each one. But I'm being wishy washy right now.
Pleeeaaassse give me your input.

I can relate! So here are some questions for you.

Kids? If so, what ages?

Length of stay? and at what time of year?

Touring style? (Park commando, laid back, etc)

And finally - what other resorts have you liked besides POFQ?

I will throw in another vote for WL! It's such a fantastic hotel and I dream about it all the time. Love it there!

We will be there the 2nd week of June 09. We will stay for a week. My kids will be 15 and 12. We've stayed at the FQ and AKL and AS before. Didn't care for AS or the AKL. We are a very high strung family. We love to hit
the parks early and to stay as late as we can.:yay:

We will be there the 2nd week of June 09. We will stay for a week. My kids will be 15 and 12. We've stayed at the FQ and AKL and AS before. Didn't care for AS or the AKL. We are a very high strung family. We love to hit
the parks early and to stay as late as we can.:yay:

Now that makes it easy for me! WL all the way! The kids will love it and you will too! The pool, the food and the boat to MK and the CR makes that one a good choice!

Happy planning! :)

Depends on which park you love best...
In my opinion FQ is out. WL & Dolphon have much better location & transportation. We love the WL. Great resort, wonderful to have boat to MK and proximity to Fort Wilderness adds nice "resort" day options (take a sury bike over to FW). You do have to go with bus transportation only to AK and DHS though and if you plan to frequent these parks, that can be a downfall. EPCOT is also bus transportation, but if you're up for it you can get to the comtemporary (by boat) or MK (by boat) and then hop on the monorail. This takes longer, but it's a nice trip and sometimes it's good to have options in case there are crowds on the buses.
All that being said, our favorite resorts are BC and BW because of the proximity to EPCOT. The Dolphin would give you the same. You have the whole EPCOT resort area within walking distance and you can walk to EPCOT and DHS (or take a boat). You have bus to AK and bus or the walk through EPCOT to monorail option for MK.
So, if you're planning to spend lots of time at EPCOT & DHS- go with Dolphin. If most of your time will be at MK, go with WL. Think about if you want to spend some time outside of the parks- both offer good resort options, but Dolphin has more.
If you have young kids, they will definately like WL better. My kids love it! But for older kids or adults only, I think the Dolphin is more attractive.
Finally- the teacher discounts at Dolphin & Swan have always interested me and one of these days I'll definately be taking advantage of them myself!

Okay, here's my next question on the Dolphin. Are the beds truly heaven or are they the same as all the disney resort beds? This might steer me toward the Dolphin if the beds are really that wonderful as they advertise. I love:lovestruc a good nights sleep after a long day in the park.

It's not officially a Disney resort... so, I think they might actually be better than the Disney resort beds (I haven't ever been, so I can't say for sure).

If you're going for theme and some Disney magic, stay WL. It's fantastic. If you want convenience and ease, but still a great hotel, go with the Dolphin! You have to think of what your family will enjoy most -- and that's only something you can decide. :goodvibes

WL first choice but we have stayed at Swan and the beds are soooooooooo must nicer than disneys.Don't forget dolphin charges a parking fee

WL first choice but we have stayed at Swan and the beds are soooooooooo must nicer than disneys.Don't forget dolphin charges a parking fee

We will be flying from Houston to Orlando. Won't have a car just have transportation from airport by FL TownCar. We've used them before and were very happy with their service. Thanks to all of you:worship: for your input. I'm still on the fence. Hopefully I can make a decision in the next few weeks. We are still waiting on the school to see if we have to make up the days we missed from Hurricane Ike. So that kinda plays into giving me more time to decide. If we have to make up our days that may push us back and extra week in June. School lets out June 5th. I want to book our vacation for June 7th. Just have to wait and see now about the makeup days.:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter