Narnia walk-thru at MGM

Florida_Mom

<font color=royalblue>What is this "iron" you spea
Has anyone done this? DS8 and I saw the movie last week and thought it was amazing. We're going to be at Disney on Sunday so I thought we might spend some time at MGM to do this. Any opinions?

We're heading for WDW on Thurs. night and can't wait to do this. We saw info. about it during the WDW Christmas parade and thought it'd be a neat thing to do! DS is reading Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe now ... and we'll see the movie on Weds. before we leave, so it'll be a thrill to see the sets.

I hope someone offers up some info. b/c I'd be interested, too!

We forgot about this when we went in December, and hope to see it next weekend. I look forward to reading what you say about it. We saw the movie and enjoyed it very much.

Bobbi :flower:

HI,
We did this last night, as a matter of fact. If you have seen the movie, you will like it. You enter through the wardrobe door and see actual sets from the movie, and watch about a 10 minute synopsis of the movie and story. Not enough to base an entire trip to MGM on, but if you are going, it is worth doing.

Drew

We did this last week and was really dissapointed by it. If you have 10 minutes to spare and there is no line than it is OK to do but I wouldn't wait for it. All you do is walk in to a room through the wardrobe, then watch a 5 minute trailer of the movie and then you go out and see I think 2 costumes and a few props and sketches. Then thats it. It is quite hard to find as it is not located on the map, but you can find it next to the WWTBAM stage.

Dh and I did this on our last trip. We enjoyed and wished the kids were there. It is right next to the entrance to the Little Mermaid show. We did not wait at all. If you are going it was nice.

Its worth doing if you are there anyway. The set whee you watch the film is pretty cool and after the short film there is a small room with props and stuff from the film - weapons, costumes and a few stone characters - also the witch's sleigh.

Pretty neat - should be no wait. IF you like the movie, take 15 minutes and check it out :maleficen

DD thought it was pretty cool. I wouldn't wait a long time to do it though.

It is located in the space between WWTBAM and One Man's Dream.

They have a Narnia Photo spot set up at the exit. You really can't miss that.

I haven't seen this, but did do the Haunted Mansion one and was dissapointed. Thought they could have done more "behind the scenes" stuff, tricks of the movies etc. I won't wait to see Narnia, but probably will walk through if no lines. I think Disney misses the boat on these attractions. There are so many shows on t.v. now that give you little known facts about the actors/characters and dvd's almost always have that 2nd dvd with "extras" so this idea is really popular right now, and Disney could excel here!!!

Will it be there for at least another two months?? I love the movie and would really like to see the sets and stuff.

Thanks for your responses, everyone! If we end up doing it, I'll post here about it. :)

We have that at our mall. There are a few places where you can see trailers of the movie. Some clothing and props then you walk through the wardrobe into a snowglobe where it is snowing. My DD loved it after seeing the movie.

We saw it last month. I agree that it's not an elaborate attraction, but if you're a fan of the movie, you must see it. When you walk through the wardrobe, you are immediately in Narnia, complete with the lampost and Sir Thormas' door. On our visit, the White Witch appeared (it was a real actress, not just a picture of her). The kids really liked it and we were there before we saw the movie (but my kids know the story). It was fun. :) Don't miss it.

Mary

I haven't seen the movie, in fact I didn't have any interest until we went through this exhibit last night. It's wonderful and beautiful and awe inspiring.

My DF has read the books and will probably see the movie before we go, but I probably won't. Is it still interesting for someone who doesn't know the plot? Or should I let DF go alone while I do something else? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter