'Narnia' Rumors

Another Voice

Charter Member of The Element
In keeping with Bob Iger's wish to further compress the window between a movies's theatrical release and its DVD release, rumors around the lot say that The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe will be released on April 4 in a two disk, "collector's edition". Chances are good it will still be playing in some theaters when the DVD release happens.

Other rumors, and whispers of rumors, say that filming of the sequel will take place in Ireland

Cool. If this is true, I can have Narnia in time for my birthday. :Pinkbounc

My son will be thrilled. If only they could have a major Narnia attraction by the time we go in November.

Here's the Reuters release from today (2/1/06):
Walt Disney Co and Walden Media have started pre-production on a second film based on C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia" children's books, a Disney spokeswoman said on Wednesday.

The second film, "Prince Caspian," starring the same four child actors as "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," is expected to be released in 2007.

"The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe," released December 9, has earned $634.4 million at box offices worldwide, according to online box office tracking site Box Office Mojo.

By domestic box office results, it is the 28th most-viewed film ever.

Disney and Walden split the profits equally from the "Narnia" films.

MGM Studios has a walk-thru of the set where you walk thru the wardrobe into Narnia.

DL has a photo meet and greet with the White Witch just after you go thru the castle.

daber said:
MGM Studios has a walk-thru of the set where you walk thru the wardrobe into Narnia.

DL has a photo meet and greet with the White Witch just after you go thru the castle.

When does the MGM thing end?

Haven't heard an end date to the walk thru. I was there the week before it opened and hope it is still around when I'm there the first week of April.

Why are they using Prince Caspian for the next one? Does that mean they are doing the entire series? I didn't think they would do all 7 books. I figured they would go for number 1,2,and 7. I wish they would do The Magician's Nephew!

they are using Prince Caspian because that is the next one to happen after the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.

There are a couple of ways to count the Narnia series - in the order written, or in chronological order.

Order written is as follows:
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Horse and his Boy
The Magician's Nephew
The Last Battle

Chronological Order is as follows:
The Magician's Nephew
The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe
The Horse and His Boy
Prince Caspian
Voyage of the Dawn Treader
The Silver Chair
The Last Battle

Prince Caspian was the second book written and (since it also has the Pevensie children in it) is the next logical film to make before the actors all grow up.

I can't wait for it to come out on DVD, I love the movie!!!!! :woohoo: :thumbsup2 I saw it 2 times already!

I knew it was the next one in order. I had just heard opinions that they wouldn't do all 7 books, so I found it interesting that they were doing this one. Maybe they will do all 7 after all, who knows. :confused3

Kaelyn said:
and it is the only other book to have all four pevensie children

Here is a character-oriented view of the ages in the various books.

The Pevensies:
Peter - LWW-13, HB-27, Left Narnia-28, PC-14, LB-22
Susan - LWW-12, HB-26, Left Narnia-27, PC-13
Edmund - LWW-10, HB-24, Left Narnia-25, PC-11, VDT-12, LB-19
Lucy - LWW-8, HB-22, Left Narnia-23, PC-9, VDT-10, LB-17

Others:
Eustace - VDT-9, SC-9, LB-16
Jill - SC-9, LB-16
Digory - MN-12, LWW-52, LB-61
Polly - MN-11, LB-60

Looking at that, it appears that the next film (after Prince Caspian) would likely be Voyage of the Dawn Treader, as Edmund and Lucy will need to have only aged a year. The problem then is that Eustace ages even less than a year between Dawn Treader and The Silver Chair. Sadly, this makes it likely that Horse and His Boy (my favorite) would be done way down the road, if at all.

Hello all!
I received an e-mail from Disneyshopping site this morning: Preorder Deluxe DVD Narnia at $29.99 and receive a $20 gift card to use at same site. If you purchase the regular edition, you receive a $10 gift card. Also, today is the last day for free shipping.

Leaving for the World tomorrow morning. Woohoo!
(sorry, cannot post URL's yet)

rwodonnell said:
Sadly, this makes it likely that Horse and His Boy (my favorite) would be done way down the road, if at all.

I would love to see HB shot with the child actors from LWW a few years from now at their "Narnian age". It would really be cool if they re-shot the scene from LWW with the grown up Pevensie's with the original child actors. That would make an awesome DVD box-set.

Just saw on the Disneyshopping site that they are releasing the movie to DVD on April 4. Can't wait, thought the movie was amazing!!! pixiedust: :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter