Narcosses Steak and Lobster??

I just ate there 3 weeks ago, and I think the lobster tail was still on the accompaniments menu, but I could have been wrong. I do not think there has been surf and turf for a while--a lot of the signatures now offer the accompaniments menu instead because of the dining plans.

This is what we noticed as well when we ate there on the 19th of January. You can still get a lobster tail with the steak, but it was considered an accompaniment. It was actually listed under the steak as an extra, not on the accompaniment menu when I was there though.

Oh drat. I booked there for later this month as a special treat for my mum who is coming with us, and we actually got the deluxe dining plan so that we could get the surf and turf at Narcossees and feel good about the price! Figures they remove it ten days before our trip. But the two pound lobster is still on the menu? And doesn't count as an addition or enhancement, just a straight up menu item?

Just opinion - we looked at the menu tonight, at WDW.

What we saw: Filet or NY strip, $49, under entrees.

Under ENHANCEMENTS? "Butter poached or steamed Main Lobster Tail" $26.

Personal conclusion - MaryKatesMom (above post) has it right :). ENHANCEMENTS, as a category, is beginning to become a fairly common SIG Restaurant dodge around the poor reimbursement of DDP. Surf & Turf is still there :). The price is $75 per plate. Two DDP points are (I think?) worth $70 per plate to a SIG. The "New" Surf&Turf will likely be of higher quality, as it is no longer "clipped" to the two point DDP level.
Just want to make sure I understand. So Surf and Turf is still on the menu and can be purchased with 2 dining credits? What do you mean the "New" Surf and Turf?
Is the 2lb Lobster still on the menu?

We ate there on the deluxe dining plan last Oct and late December. Both times the Filet and Lobster tail were covered by the plan for the 2 credits. It was awesome as always!

This is what we noticed as well when we ate there on the 19th of January. You can still get a lobster tail with the steak, but it was considered an accompaniment. It was actually listed under the steak as an extra, not on the accompaniment menu when I was there though.
You can add it and it is not extra on the DDP. WE did this in December.

Yes, you can still get the lobster with your steak for two credits, which is why I'm booking Narcoossee's, and it's on my Disney experience menu..Needless to say my wife and son will also be ordering the same meal, thankfully the only thing I have to pay for is the tip...Lol...

I'm afraid I'm the bringer of bad news..From February 1st, the lobster tail is no longer available as an add on and you will be charged the extra on your DDP...I read this on a U.K. Disney site, and have checked on trip advisor, and two different families have confirmed this..dang...

Just want to make sure I understand. So Surf and Turf is still on the menu and can be purchased with 2 dining credits? What do you mean the "New" Surf and Turf?
Is the 2lb Lobster still on the menu?

I'm reading it that your DDP credits (two credits for a signature meal) will only cover the entree plus dessert, if you want to add the lobster tail it will be a further $26 on top of the DDP.

That's correct Jon18uk...But this has always been available up until February 1st...Its now an extra charge...I believe the Oscar fillet and lobster add on at The Boathouse is still available as two credits..How long for I wonder..

I have to say that I am disappointed. We have reservations for our first signature dining experience in June and chose here partly because of the great reviews and partly because it seemed like a great 2ct deal on the dp. I know a lot of people hate the dp, but DH and I like it and try to get the most out of it.... I can see why dining at signatures is not the best way to use 2ct but the surf and turf really seemed to be a great use of of 2cts.... Now, I guess we will be going for the "experience" and not getting quite as much value as we had hoped for....

I hope more things move to the "add-on" category instead of just being eliminated to cut costs.

The DDP forum had to be added to the Dis because the restaurant forum was flooded with the "how can I maximize the DDP for this that or the other thing" instead of discussing restaurants.

I don't see how trying to maximize the dining plan is a bad thing, though. People are always making a big deal about how the DP is a huge waste of money; therefore, if people are looking to maximize it, I feel they are looking to get their money's worth and lose out! Sure, they may come ahead at Narcoossee by a bit if both people get the surf and turf, but I'm sure they lost out somewhere else... And over the course of the vacation, I'm looking to break even, not pull the wool over Mickey's eyes!! I certainly don't want to lose out, though.... But I love the convenience of the dp.... I don't like thinking I'm going to be able to order certain things, make adr's, and have Disney cheap out and change it.

I hope more things move to the "add-on" category instead of just being eliminated to cut costs.

The DDP forum had to be added to the Dis because the restaurant forum was flooded with the "how can I maximize the DDP for this that or the other thing" instead of discussing restaurants.

I do not understand why attempting to at least bring the best value to a purchase is a bad thing. The DDP is not a no brainer when it comes to adding it onto a package. If you do not know how to maximize the purchase iit is a money pit. Right now, Disney is attempting to make this purchase more desirable because folks who run the numbers are finding that it is not the value added that DIsney has purported it to be. It is my opinion that in order to keep the plan in place DIsney should be adding more onto the plan rather than taking things away.

Once people choose not to buy that plan, if they are like me, they eat with their wallets firmly in place. I may splurge on one or two meals during my trip, but if I am paying OOP for in excess of a week for my family, you can bet those cupcakes will stay on the shelves, the desserts after dinner are going to be split between several of us, and I am not going to buy appetizers. If I have already paid in advance, I allocate appetizer money to supplement our meals, but I just cannot bring myself to dump all that cash daily.

Nope. Disney needs to look closely at that one or two items that are "spectacular" deals on the plan and leave them there. Not every person on the plan is going t buy that surf and turf....but if at least one of us does not "break even" at dinner, what the use?

I do not understand why attempting to at least bring the best value to a purchase is a bad thing. The DDP is not a no brainer when it comes to adding it onto a package. If you do not know how to maximize the purchase iit is a money pit. Right now, Disney is attempting to make this purchase more desirable because folks who run the numbers are finding that it is not the value added that DIsney has purported it to be. It is my opinion that in order to keep the plan in place DIsney should be adding more onto the plan rather than taking things away.

Once people choose not to buy that plan, if they are like me, they eat with their wallets firmly in place. I may splurge on one or two meals during my trip, but if I am paying OOP for in excess of a week for my family, you can bet those cupcakes will stay on the shelves, the desserts after dinner are going to be split between several of us, and I am not going to buy appetizers. If I have already paid in advance, I allocate appetizer money to supplement our meals, but I just cannot bring myself to dump all that cash daily.

Nope. Disney needs to look closely at that one or two items that are "spectacular" deals on the plan and leave them there. Not every person on the plan is going t buy that surf and turf....but if at least one of us does not "break even" at dinner, what the use?

I totally agree and just posted something similar on another thread discussing the same thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter