Narcosee's or Fulton's

Tigman

Earning My Ears
My mother is retiring from teaching at the end of June we will be in WDW for 10 days around the 4th of July and we just want to give her a family retirement party. Small family will be just 7 of us.

We want sea food and have narrowed it down to Narcosee's or Fulton's Crab House.

Any reccommendation?

Thanks,

Tig

Tough call but I would choose Fulton's. I have had about an equal amount of success and failure at each, I think Narcosee's service is a little better but Fulton's food is more consistent. Of course that is my opinion.
You did not say where you were staying, that might also influence my choice. If I were staying at Monorail hotel, I would choose Narcosees, otherwise Fulton's. Downtown has more options after dinner if you desire.

I haven't been to Fulton's but I wanted to tell you about Narcossees.

We had dinner there July 4th last year.

Narcoosee's is a beautiful restaurant. Our server, Rita, treated us very well. Our dinner consisted of Butternut Squash/Blue Crab Soup, which was absolutely delicious, I would recommend trying it! I had the Shrimp w/pasta and DH had Prosciutto and then Filet Mignon. The kids had chicken fingers, cheeseburger, fruit cup and chicken soup. DH and I shared a cheesecake and DD and DS had make your own smores for dessert. Dinner total was $136.90. Which also included beer and a sea breeze. All in all, it was a GREAT dinner and I'm glad I made ressies to eat there.

Whatever you decide, hope you have a nice time!

Ever consider Citricos? We ate at both Citricos and Narcosees and both were wonderful. Citricos had a more intimate atmosphere and the service was fantastic.

Never tried Fultons.

I've never eaten at Narcoosees but want to. I have eaten at Fultons twice and loved it both times.

I therfeore couldn't help you choose however I would say from looking at the menus there is a lot more basic seafood choice at Fultons than at Narcoosees - so I think you need to see what takes your fancy from the menus.

Sorry, I have to disagree on Fulton's!

Its dirty, overpriced (quality of seafood poor) and the servers are rude.

If it is seafood you are after then try the Flying Fish at the BW.

If you want to dine at the GF, then by all means Narcoossee's is the PLACE!

Another poster mentioned Citricos, that too is awesome!

Other great places are the YSH at the YC and Artist Point at the WL.

We love Narcoossee's and have had wonderful service every time but this March.

My DH has had such poor service at Fulton's that he refuses to return. In all fairness his last trip there was probably 3 or 4 years ago so maybe it has improved.

I think Fantasia Sam has an excellent point about the differences in preparation at the two.

Originally posted by catheren

If you want to dine at the GF, then by all means Narcoossee's is the PLACE!

Another poster mentioned Citricos, that too is awesome!

I totally agree !!! Pass on Fulton's.....

TIGMAN

nothing bad to say about either but i would choose narcoose......get a table by the water and make your ps for the fw....you can sip a drink and go out on the deck to watch the fw..it is almost like being on main street usa...no question..pass on fultons...do it

Narcoosee's would be my choice as well. Great food, fine service, nice location/view.
I only wish Fulton's were a better restaurant--that location on what used to be the Empress Lilly has a lot of appeal. But the service is SO bad that with any luck, I'll never go back.

I am sorry to hear that you found Fulton's in such a shambles!
I normally go to Fulton's once or twice a month and while finding service sometimes slow and marginally acceptable, I have never had a rude server or found the place to be dirty. Pricing is a real value judgement but IMHO I don't think it is out of proportion to other comparable WDW establishments.
Do to turnover, reductions and seasonal crowds I think all WDW restaurants struggle at times.

If we are at WDW I really try to have dining experiences unlike any I can do at home - and that for me would mean Narcoosees. They have great food (they do a butternut squash crab soup that is incredible) and a lovely view. Fulton's had okay food - but no view from where we were seated. We did this an an anniversary dinner (3rd - now going on our 7th) and haven't been back since. It was good - but I believe there are many places better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter