Narcoossee's...yay or nay?

mle1111

Earning My Ears
I made ADRs at Narcoossees, but haven't seen too many comments about it from other diners. Anyone have opinions on this restaurant?
This dinner would put us 2 over our TS credits, so we would have to:
1. Not dine there,
2. Pay OOP for Boma's, or
3. Canx Chef's De France

Whad'ya all think?

I had an absolutely wonderful experience at Narcoossee's! It was my sister's birthday and they had balloons waiting at the table for her and printed at the bottom of each of the menus was "Happy Birthday Katherine." The food was amazing as well and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Then, towards the end of our meal the lights went down and they piped in the music for "Wishes" and we got to watch the whole fireworks display from our table. You can't beat that...

We had a wonderful night at Narcoossees in Aug. Best of the trip - Here's my report on it...

Dinner this night was a real treat. We dined at Narcoosees for the first time. We showered & dressed for a nice night out & arrived about 1/2 hour early for our PS even tho there was some problems with the monorail & we had to wait for a boat. We enjoyed a cranberry juice at the bar while we were waiting to be seated. Even tho they had cautioned us that they were running behind on their reservations, we were seated within 15 minutes. I have to say, Narcoosees is such a pretty restaurant. It is so nice to sit & look out over the Lagoon & watch the lights come up as the evening fades.
Anyways, for appetizers, DS had the Mussels & I had the Crab Cakes. DS Loved his Mussels & the broth in which they were steamed. They were served with lovely little cheese crisps, which he said he thought were Gruyere (I didn't get to try any as he inhaled them) My crab cakes were equally tasty, rich and full of crab.
For our entrees, we both had the Surf & Turf. We both ordered our steaks medium rare & they were cooked perfectly, as was the steamed lobster tail. The meal was served with a nice au gratin potatoes, which I berely touched as I was so full from the apps & entree.
We both ordered dessert. DS had a luscious Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp with Cinnamon Ice Cream. It was spectacular. I wish I had ordered it. I ordered the Expedition Everest Cake, wich was a slight disappointment as the cake was a bit dry. Still tasty, but nothing close to that Crisp.
As we were finishing up our desserts, our waiter came over to tell us that Wishes would be starting soon & that we may want to view it from the Deck. We could see the windows from our table quite easily, but he told us the Deck was the place to be. So we went out to the deck & I am so glad we did. Within moments, the deck filled with people from the restaurant & we all blocked the windows, so even if you had a perfect window seat, you woukldn't be able to see.
Even tho a tip is included in the dining plan, it is only 15%. Our waiter was perfect. Attentive, but not overbearing. Helpful but never interfering. Timing of courses was impeccable. So we left him an extra tip. This was unfortunately the only time where our service was that good on the trip.

I had progressively worse experiences there--the last time was so poor I will not go back. Uncle Romulus just had a bad experience there as well, and he's wiped his hands of the place.

There are so many better options.

Anne

We had a great dinner there a couple of weeks ago. We saw the MNSSHP fireworks from the deck. We then had wonderful salads and steamed lobsters. We had a terrific waiter who couldn't have been more accommodating and, in fact, brought out some nice wines for us to taste. I do agree with Leota about the Expedition Everest cake -- seemed a bit dry. I'd try a different dessert next time.

After dinner, we took the boat back to MNSSHP for another hour or so. In sum -- a lovely evening! We were pleasantly surprised after the recent negative reviews.

Oh yeah! I'm glad to hear all the positive reviews, we are eating here on our upcoming trip. I cannot wait! :cool1:

Been there 3 times and the food was excellent all three times. However we had ADR's and still had to wait 30-40 minutes the second time we went and the service wasn't great that time either. So 3 for 3 on the good meals and 2 for 3 on the service side.

Here is my review of Narcoossee's from September:

I would definitely recommend scheduling the time to be around Wishes if possible....instead of watching Wishes from the restaurant, we took a Wishes cruise from GF and watched them on 7 seas Lagoon. Everyone loved it, and want to do that again, but if I was eating at Narcoosees anyway, I would save the ~$200 for the cruise and watch them from your table.

unixadm said:
Narcoosee's - Dinner - Grand Floridian **** 1/2 ( 4 1/2 stars)

I was really looking forward to this dinner....and it didn't disappoint. I didn't give it 5 stars...this is because it was 2 credits a piece and as you will see from my review, I thought that the Filets, although good, didn't beat Le Cellier's which was 1 credit.

The view was gorgeous though, and I think that is why they charge the 2 credits:
CIMG1776.jpg

Myself: Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer, Surf N Turf - The Shrimp were excellent..Jumbo and Tasty. LOVED the Surf N Turf. The Lobster Tail was to die for....Meaty, cooked to perfection and melted in my mouth. Wish there was more of it! The Filets, although VERY good, didn't beat Le Cellier's. Basically, if we took the filet from Le Cellier (x 2) and added that to Narcoosee's Lobster Tail, it would have been the perfect Entree. Still EXCELLENT, and if I hadn't been on the meal plan, I would have rated this a 5 since I wouldn't have had so much excellent food to compare it to.

Wife: Shrimp Cocktail Appetizer, Grilled Wild Salmon - She loved the Shrimp Cocktail. It had a Mustard Dip along with the Cocktail sauce and she really loved that. Wasn't that impressed with the Salmon. She said it was VERY GOOD, but she has had better, for a much cheaper price. Considering this was 2 TS Credits, she expected better.

DS4: Chicken Noodle Soup, Kid's Filet - My son enjoyed the Filet and Soup. Definitely not worth 2 meal credits in my opinion, but we had the credits, and was glad to see my son eat something more than Mac and Cheese, etc.

DS3: Checken Tenders - He didn't seem any more impressed with these as the ones at Peco's Bills. Pay OOP for this or anything off the kids menu but the Kid's Steak (and even then if you want to save the credits). They should make this 1 TS credit for kids!

Shrimp Cocktail:
CIMG1770.jpg

DS4's Soup Appetizer:
CIMG1772.jpg

My Surf and Turf:
CIMG1777.jpg

DW's Salmon:
CIMG1779.jpg

DS4's Child's Filet:
CIMG1780.jpg

DS3's Chicken Tenders (not worth 2 credits...paid OOP):
CIMG1781.jpg

DESSERT:

Myself - Expedition Everest Cake - EXCELLENT, not too much, not too little.
CIMG1783.jpg

DW - Tropical Sorbet with seasonal berries - She really liked it....of course, she loves fresh fruit and isn't a sugar fiend like I am!

CIMG1786.jpg

DS4 - Brownie Sundae - He LOVED it (what little boy wouldn't?!!)
CIMG1785.jpg

TOTAL BILL (2 Adults, 1 Child): $180.21
6 TS Credits Used, 10 TS Credits Remaining

OOP: 1 Kids Meals, 4 Beers with DDE Discount: $26.83

We went there for our 1 year wedding anniversary dinner. I had the salmon, my hubby had the wahoo, and we split the cheesecake for dessert. We loved it and would recommend it to any seafood lover! :)

Thanks for everyone's opinions. I think we will dine there. Just Fiance and myself, so fireworks during dinner would be a fantastic bonus. Where can i find the times? I believe our ressie is for Jan 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter