Narcoossee's or Coral Reef

Jen7079

Mouseketeer
As of right now I have reservations for a late (8:40pm) dinner at Coral Reef. I am considering changing the reservation to Narcoossee's. I am on the DDP so it would take 2 of my credits. Do you think it would be worth it to switch?

Narcooses, hands down!IMO, Coral Reef is hit or miss, and quite frankly, one of the more over rated restaurants in Disney. Now this is my opinion, only, but given a choice, I would choose to go to a signature restaurant with a view of the MK anyday.

As of right now I have reservations for a late (8:40pm) dinner at Coral Reef. I am considering changing the reservation to Narcoossee's. I am on the DDP so it would take 2 of my credits. Do you think it would be worth it to switch?

We really enjoyed our experience at Coral Reef the other year, but Narcoossee's is the clear winner here in every aspect of dining.
We did Coral Reef for a lunch and then Narcoossee's in the evening for a later dinner, but if we had to choose, definitely Narcoossee's.

I do enjoy Coral Reef and think the food and atmosphere is nice; however Narcoossee's is my favorite restaurant in Disney and would say that it is well worth going there over Coral Reef. The food is excellent and perhaps the best desert in WDW, the Almond Crusted Cheese Cake is there as well. It is an excellent experience to see the Grand Floridian and the view from Narcoossee's during Wishes is awesome.

Thanks to this thread I scooped up a later Narcoosee's ADR as well . We are on the DDP and it seems like a no brainer for a wonderful meal and great use of credits. I've found almost nothing but glowing reviews and recommendations.

If you can snag a Narcoossee's ADR that starts within an hour or so before Wishes, they really treat you well when it comes to making sure you see it from their deck, and it certainly adds some "worth" to the meal. It's a great meal anyway, but the fireworks experience really adds to the whole thing. They'll basically empty the whole restaurant out on to the deck (unless you just don't want to go), but keep your table intact while you're out...after which you sit back down as if no interruption. You would think this would tick off anyone waiting for a table, but it just seems to be the way they operate there...and it's great. Last time we went, our ADR was right before Wishes started, and our table wasn't ready yet, but they let us go out on the deck anyway.

Rule of thumb: When weighing a park vs. resort eaterie, the resort restaurant is usually the better choice(World Showcase spots being the exception):earsboy:

If you can snag a Narcoossee's ADR that starts within an hour or so before Wishes, they really treat you well when it comes to making sure you see it from their deck, and it certainly adds some "worth" to the meal. It's a great meal anyway, but the fireworks experience really adds to the whole thing. They'll basically empty the whole restaurant out on to the deck (unless you just don't want to go), but keep your table intact while you're out...after which you sit back down as if no interruption. You would think this would tick off anyone waiting for a table, but it just seems to be the way they operate there...and it's great. Last time we went, our ADR was right before Wishes started, and our table wasn't ready yet, but they let us go out on the deck anyway.

Yeah the only time I could get was at 9:20pm with Wishes at 10pm but will keep stalking for something just a bit earlier. Ideally I would love 7:50-8:30pm but I only realized yesterday how nice the restaurant was as it somehow flew under my radar.

I have a 9:15 adr on a 10pm wishes night and I've been told that even if our meal isn't done, we can still go out on the deck to watch wishes. :) I think it's perfect timing actually.

They actually lower the lights a little Inside so you can enjoy the while eating!

Narcossee's is awesome! You're going to love it. Though, if next time you have a chance check out Coral Reef. It is the perfect way to keep the kids entertained while you wait.

First of all, we like Narcoossee's; typically works better for us than CA Grill & Citrico's.

Second, we enjoy Coral Reef more than most people. We find good value for the seafood and we like the aquarium.

But, if you're on the 'regular' DDP, then 2 credits are rarely worth it.

You should be getting a bit more for those 2-credits than food.

Coral Reef offers the aquarium. Narcoosee's offer fireworks.....and even for 2-credits, those expensive lobsters & steaks move the math in your favor.

Each gives good relative value, so you have to want to use that second credit.

Or, coin-flip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter