Narcoossee's or California Grill---Which one is worth it for two ts credits?

captaindavidhook

<font color=green>Stay away from there<br><font co
I have never eaten at either one but curious to ask which one is the better place to eat at for dinner? I also have read that both offer great views of Wishes as well. Thanks in advance.

It's personal opinion and I think
I'll be in the minority, but I say Narcoosse's. I like the menu better, the wait staff to be more pleasant and the view of Wishes outstanding (CM view is breathtaking as well)

I agree, it is personal opinion. They both have great views and food, IMO. My family does one or the other each trip. Lately, I prefer California Grill because I crave their sushi. Yummy :thumbsup2

I find Narcoosees to be more quiet and peaceful, California Grill is a little more loud.

Hope this helps!

Both are worth two dining credits and where you are staying and what kind of experience you are looking for both matter. When we stay at the MK we usually stay at the WL so CA Grills is easier. Those times we stay at the GF, Narcossee's is easier. Narcoossee's is better in general, but it I want a steak, we go to CA Grill.

On the dining plan Narcoosees

Lobster 72$ Fantastic!
Cheese Plate (dessert) 21$ Oh yessss cheeeeese! I love cheese

To Die for! Exept for the fallen corn souffle ishhhhh! Too sweet and the malted popcorn sauce disgusting.

Asparagus with gremolata give me more soooooo good.

I prefer Narcoosees. To me it's quiet, comfortable, relaxing, and has great food. I like their menu better, but that's just a personal taste. That and the fact that I don't like sushi.

Narcoossee's is the better value for using two standard ddp TS credits if you go with the surf & turf.

I prefer Cali Grill, charcuterie platter, tuna 4 ways, braised lamb shank, bison strip loin, and Brussels sprouts (love these) the flounder! It's just so hard to pick! I'll be there on the 13th! But I wouldn't turn down Narcossees either, the focus is more on seafood! Both good!

Last edited:
I really liked Narcooses on our last visit, so this August we booked again, I think that it is a good value on the DDP, but time will tell.

Just returned from our trip and ate at both locations! We were on the dining plan! Think California Grill has fantastic sushi and seemed a bit more kid friendly. Narcooses was our favorite, though! Get the surf and turf dinner and you won't be disappointed!

We prefer Narcoossee's over Cali Grill and the surf and turf is awesome. Plus there are great views of the water parade and the fireworks.

Narcoossee's is better IMO. I've only found the appetizers and sushi to be good at Cali Grill, the entrees were rather disappointing.

I would say California grill has more interesting choices... But narcoosees offers more "bang for your buck" meat and seafood options if you're into that.

Narcoossee's was absolutely spectacular. One of the best steaks I've ever had. Plus we watched the fireworks from our table while we ate our dessert.
They did have a small problem figuring out the dining plan allotments for whatever reason, but the meal was otherwise top notch!

Just to note that the fireworks view from either depend on where you sit. And even with a window seat at Narcoossee's you might not be able to see the fireworks anyway, due to people on the deck blocking the view.

I can't help with the DDP credit stuff, but I like Narcoossee's better these days. Something happened to CG after their renovation--it just does not seem as good as it used to be.

The view of Wishes is very different from these two restaurants.

At California Grille, you're super high up and not in line with the castle. The fireworks are quite visible, but FAR away, and they're clearly off to one side of the castle. You miss the "layered look" you see when viewing the fireworks from Main Street USA.

At Narcoossee's, you're at water level and looking above a tree line. The bottom of the fireworks are not visible. You're somewhat close, but there isn't a great view. IMO, you'd be better off going over to the Poly and standing on the beach to view from there.

The menus are quite different. If you love sushi, California Grille is your choice. If you want whole Maine lobster, Narcoossee's is your choice.

The ambiance is quiet different. California Grille I found to be more in keeping with the theme of the Contemporary Resort: clean lines, unadorned, not particularly fancy. Narcoossee's is more themed as a high end seafood restaurant as you'd find in Newport, with tiered seating facing a wall of windows looking out onto the water.

Narcoossee's is quieter and more romantic. We've found the food and service to be better than CG, especially ever since the CG renovation. Also, that whole firework aspect of CG is overrated and it's loud and crammed.

Both are fantastic depending on what you are looking for. California Grill has great sushi, Narcoossee's has great lobster or surf and turf. We ate at both last trip and they were both tremendous.

How does the 2 credit work with both of these restaurants? Is it a prefixed menu or can I order the 2 lb lobster, or I guess 1 entree and no sushi?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter