Narcoossees no surf and turf on DDP

Disneytam

disneytam
I haven't seen it listed on here yet so if it's already been mentioned sorry to repeat. I was just reading reviews of Narcoossee's and saw that starting on Feb. 1,2016 they have discontinued allowing the Surf and Turf on the dinning plan. You can now order a $49 filet or the $26 lobster tail but are no longer allowed to have the $72+ surf and turf on the DDP. We have enjoyed this meal in the past and since it is a signature place for the 2 dining credits it seemed like a good deal. Disney obviously noticed this as well and ended it. Some very unhappy guests since they only found out when they went to place their order and were not allowed to do so. Just wanted to give a heads up. Very glad we decided to forgo the DP this time around.

Wow. This will not go over well with the DP crowd. I'm guessing that over 75% of repeat Narcoossee DP diners go exclusively for the surf & turf (and the cheesecake). Wonder if this change will stick in the face of the storm that this will kick-off. I have never used 2 Fall free dining credits on signatures because the math doesn't worth. But the surf & turf plate at Narcoossee's was the only Signature entree that tempted me to break my rule.

I haven't seen it listed on here yet so if it's already been mentioned sorry to repeat. I was just reading reviews of Narcoossee's and saw that starting on Feb. 1,2016 they have discontinued allowing the Surf and Turf on the dinning plan. You can now order a $49 filet or the $26 lobster tail but are no longer allowed to have the $72+ surf and turf on the DDP. We have enjoyed this meal in the past and since it is a signature place for the 2 dining credits it seemed like a good deal. Disney obviously noticed this as well and ended it. Some very unhappy guests since they only found out when they went to place their order and were not allowed to do so. Just wanted to give a heads up. Very glad we decided to forgo the DP this time around.

What is your source?

What is your source?
I would also like to know the source, seeing as the other thread about the same subject has posters claiming that they were able to order both the filet and the lobster tail together and not be charged extra as of a few days ago.

They should at least be consistent with what they are allowing. These types of reports where one group of diners is allowed to order the two together at no extra cost and another isn't is so frustrating, to say the least.

What is your source?
Two different groups of guests reported it on Tripadvisor. Both said that this was started on Feb. 1 and one stated that they were told to file a complaint with Disney. We all know how Disney can be when it comes to being consistent so I just wanted to give people a little bit of notice so they can plan ahead.

Current Narcoossee's Entrée Menu (from INTERNAL website):

Two-Pound Steamed Maine Lobster
Fallen Corn Soufflé with Malted Popcorn Sauce and Broccolini finished with Citrus Gremolata
$72.00

Heritage Farms Cheshire Pork Rib Chop
Creamy White Polenta with Tillamook Cheddar, Brussels Sprouts, Pickled Garlic, and Gala Apple-Dried Cherry Preserve
$38.00

Madeira Beach Black Grouper
Marble Potatoes, Green and Gold Cauliflower, Corn Purée, and Warm Tomato-Pickled Mustard Seed Vinaigrette
$45.00

Grass Fed Filet Mignon or Black Angus New York Strip Steak
Boniato-Idaho Potato Mash and Pero Farms Organic Beans with Red Wine-Oxtail Reduction
$49.00

Key West Shrimp and Garganelli Pasta
Wild Florida Shrimp, Spinach, Oven-roasted Tomatoes, Basil Pistou, Comté Cheese, and Chardonnay-Garlic Cream
$39.00

Pan-roasted Joyce Farms Chicken Breast
Fregula Sarda Pasta, Chicken-Pistachio Sausage, Baby Beets, Herb-roasted Carrots, Cipollini Onion, and Gala Apple Butter
$33.00

Coriander and Shichimi-spiced Seared Ahi Tuna
Charred Beans, Gai-lan, Green Papaya, and Sesame Sticky Rice with Ginger-Kaffir Lime Broth
$44.00

Pan-seared Georges Bank Day Boat Scallops
Trofie Pasta with Sultana Raisins, Marcona Almonds, and Herb Crème with Grilled Wild Mushrooms, Lemon-Thyme-Mustard Jus, and Arugula
$46.00

Enhancements
Butter-poached or Steamed Maine Lobster Tail
Butter-poaching yields a tender lobster tail, while steaming produces a firmer texture
$26.00

Lobster Macaroni & Cheese
Torchio Pasta, Butter-poached Lobster, Fennel, Sweet Onion, and Manchego Cheese
$18.00

Herb-roasted Mushrooms
Cremini and Shiitake Mushrooms in Herb Butter with Vermont Goat Cheese Feta
$15.00

Narcoossee's Signature Mashed Potatoes
Boniato-Idaho Mashed Potatoes, Applewood-smoked Bacon, Tillamook Cheddar, and Scallions
$9.00

Bering Sea Split King Crab Legs
1/2 Pound served Steamed with Drawn Butter
$27.00

1) People are just used to getting a lot for DDP.
2) This brings the credits in line with real costs and profit.
3) It was bound to happen.

I should probably be quite.... All that follows is personal opinion. I didn't do it. I don't work at WDW.

Narcoossee's is one of SEVERAL Signature restaurants that have moved to an "addon" or "enhancement" approach. They really just HAD to, as DDP was clipping their ability to offer Signature food.

Being clever? They figured out a way to get around DDP clipping. And it's not a bad business model. It allows for a good DDP dinner, but does NOT stop the Sig from offering more, to cash customers.

"TheRustyScupper" - knowing your WDW position - could you inform others of all the OTHER SIGS that are doing this? We have noted Artist's Point, Citrico's, the California Grill - providing some understanding of this Restaurant Driven initiative would help a LOT of other folks.... this is not ONE PLACE - it's a movement.

We recently switched to TIW as the DDP didn't seem to be the best value for us. Narcoossee's was the one place we always went, so I'm happy with the switch as we can still get a discount on whatever we want there.

I wonder if I could order the two lobsters, but sub out a steak for one of the lobsters ;)

This is disappointing. Even more disappointing is that the scallops aren't on the "enhancements" menu. My wife and I both got the S&T last year, subbing out the lobster for scallops. I'd be willing to just eat the extra cost and get them as an enhancement, if possible.

Oh well - I'll just get scallops on their own. I eat enough steak elsewhere. Narcoossee's is still awesome.

2) If you can't reach him, dial 867-5309 and ask for Jenny.

That was a local number in my hometown, back before we had to use area codes for local calls. I remember reading in the paper how sick of getting prank calls the person with that number got right after that song came out :)

I remember getting the surf and turf last year, but I vastly prefer seafood to red meat. Going back to Narcoosee's this year, and I'll order the butter-poached lobster! (butter-poached is delicious!)

I hope this is not true! I saw the post on TripAdvisor and I hope it is not a forever thing! I have my entire meal plan all done and we were so excited for the surf and turf from Narcoossee's! I am going to need to start looking up an alternative just in case!

I wonder if I could order the two lobsters, but sub out a steak for one of the lobsters ;)

This is disappointing. Even more disappointing is that the scallops aren't on the "enhancements" menu. My wife and I both got the S&T last year, subbing out the lobster for scallops. I'd be willing to just eat the extra cost and get them as an enhancement, if possible.

Oh well - I'll just get scallops on their own. I eat enough steak elsewhere. Narcoossee's is still awesome.

If you notice it is a 2lb lobster tail not 2 tails

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter