Narcoossee's - Menu and DDP question

LucyBC80

Donald Duck #1
I have a question about the DDP and maybe I didn't know how to word my search because I got no results, so I'm sorry if this been asked before.

I'm planning the ADRs for our trip and today my mom told me how she'd love to try the lobster dish over at Narcoossee's. Since we decided against 'Ohana I thought this could be a good way to start our trip since we could still view Wishes on our first night (we have no parks planned for that day, just a visit to DTD).

So I went and looked at the menu posted at Disney and NOTHING appeals to me. Let me rephrase that: none of their entrees had me going oh, I really need to try that. I don't eat red meat nor chicken and the fish dishes just sounded bleh. Looking at menus on other websites (allears and wdwinfo) they had a veggie entree but I don't know how accurate that can be. Wouldn't the Disney site be the most up-to-date menu out there?

I just can't justify paying two DDP credits for an app and a salad, so here's my question: knowing that we both are on the DDP could we ask for two separate checks; one to be paid with the DDP and the other by cash? Would that be considered cheating the system and being wrong by default?

I want to give my mom the most enjoyable trip I can and if that means eating at some place my mom will love even though it's not stellar in my book I'll gladly do it. But if I can save a few dollars while doing so, it'll sure make me eating there more satisfying.

Just let your server know that your Mother will be using dining credits and you will be paying OOP. Not a problem. It's done all the time.

Enjoy! We've had the lobster at Narcoossee's and it was very good.

You can always choose to use the plan for less than the number of people you have it- you are just not supposed to use it for people not in your room and you will never be allowed to use more meals than the number of people listed on your room.

So yes you could go and just have an appetizer and dessert and not order an entree.

That is very helpful, thanks!

How would the serve charge the two credits? Are they both taken from the same KTTW card or could they charge one credit on each card? I'm just concerned on how this will affect our next meal.

If you are staying in the same room, all credit for the entire stay are pooled. They are not divided per person. So it doesn't matter who uses which card, the credits come from the same pool.

If you are staying in the same room, all credit for the entire stay are pooled. They are not divided per person. So it doesn't matter who uses which card, the credits come from the same pool.
Thank you so much for your help! :goodvibes

Don't give up on the menu. The fish selections are anything but bleh. They are very tasty with unique presentations, even I, not normally a fish eater love them. So don't prejudge based on description. Try the snapper it will surprise.

I agree. I really liked Narcoossee's. We had the lobster dish and it was wonderful, but there was a lot sitting on other's tables that I oohhhh and aaahhhheed over thinking I would try it next time. So, you may get there, look around and decided that you want to try something. If not, you have an alternative plan :)

My husband doesn't have many opinions about restaurants, Narcoossee's is one very notable exception.

We WILL be returning there on our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter