Narcoossee's Good or Bad?

gdrj

Boardwalk owner since 1999
We were there only once for our Anniversary, which they knew (a couple of years ago).

It probably was the worse service we ever had (next to Big River Brew House), which of course impacts how you enjoy the entire meal.

I realize we may have just had a poor experience that is rare there. Just wondering what recent feedback is and if we shoudl give it a second chance.

We've been there many times. The food is good, but for a signature restaurant, it isn't as exciting as it could be (many of the dishes are very simple, such as the lobster or surf n' turf, which means bad execution could ruin the whole thing - the lobster sometimes is rubbery, according to reviews).

Also, during our most recent meal there over the summer (for my mom's birthday), we had the worst service we've ever had at a signature restaurant. My review is here.

While we don't feel like returning soon, there are still plenty of great options (such as Citricos and Artist Point) in the MK area. :)

Thanks for the feedback. We have reservations for Citricos and Artist's Point. Your point about the food was spot on with our opinion.

We have been to Narcossee's about 4 times in the past 3 years. Just wanted to share our experiences...service was always top notch for us...waiter/waitress was always spot on...never felt ignored or rush.

I agree the food seems simple...but we only go for the appetizers and whole lobster, so we have never ordered any other entrees to compare.

I'm sure you will enjoy your meals at AP or Cit. But just to share that we always had great service. Enjoy your vacation!!!

We love it there!!! Narcoossee's and Flying Fish Cafe are our two favorite signature restaurants! I usually order the whole maine lobster, and it was always delicious, and I am a huge lobster eater! :thumbsup2 I also love the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert! :cloud9:We also have always had great service there. We celebrated our Anniversary dinner there twice, most recently a few weeks ago. Both times we received menus to take home with us, and this time we even received complementary glasses of champagne (the first time that ever happened to us..lol)

I'm not a fan of Narcoosee's other than the beautful location on the lagoon. Our service was not on par with the other signature restaurants and the food was just okay at best.

I'm with Jess20K, only been there once but the lobster and cheesecake were both favorites. I seem to fall on the opposite end of everyone else as people generally seem to prefer Citricos while my experience there was somewhat lackluster. Honestly though, best lobster I've had and being from Canada I know a thing or two about lobster :)

narcoossee's is really over rated in my opinion. i will say, however, that the almond cheesecake is probably one of the best things i have ever eaten in my entire life. but i would just go to the bar and get that there and not spend my time/money on dinner.

keep your artist point ressie! that was our favorite meal last trip

We went there for our anniversary last year and loved it!

We were seated about 10-15 minutes before our reservation, which was great because we were STARVED.

Our waitress was a sweet older lady and we just loved her. She was just so cute. Kept calling us "sweetie" and such - which is something I ONLY put up with in WDW haha

My fiance got the steak with lobster and it was delicious - I may have eaten more of his steak than he did!
I had the crab-crusted Mahi Mahi and it was also delicious.

Service was quick but not at all rushed.

Oh for dessert my fiance had the Chocolate Mousse Dome - he liked the flavor but not the consistency (he was expecting chocolate cake... what a nerd)
And I got the creme brulee duo. It was good, but I was far too full to enjoy it :)

We love it! I think Wishes is better there than at CG. Food and service has always been great and we have it booked TWICE for our upcoming trip.

I so agree that your server makes your experience. Whenever we have had a poor server it has put a downer on our meal. At Narcoossies we have had very good service, in 2009 our lady server was fantastic & brilliant with ds12 at the time, so much so that he gave her one of his pins. In 2010 our male server was good too, splitting a surf & turf meal for myself & ds, we were also given a glass of champagne for our anniversary. Loved the food & are going back this year.

Didn't love it. It was one of our least favorite meals of all the signatures we tried. Atmosphere was nice, however the food was not up to par. The mussels were slimy, fishy and about half of them wouldn't open. The calamari consisted of about 6 little pieces of squid in a spicy sauce with peperocinis. The whole lobster for $68 bucks was a joke. The waiter said it was a 2 lb lobster. No way. It was more like a small 1 pounder that you would get at a Red Lobster. After my first dish came back ice cold, my second dish came back with a huge rubberband in the dish from the lobster's claw. Yuck!!! The side dishes were bleh! The only redeeming factor for me was the almond crusted cheesecake for dessert. I hate cheesecake, but this was amazing. My husband and I agreed, that when we return in December, we will not go here again.

This is one of my favorite signatures also. I love the crispy whole fried snapper! Service here has been good 99% of the time as well. Only once or twice have I gotten a so-so server, and this hasn't been poor service, just not stand out service like the rest of the times I have dined there. I highly recommend this restaurant!

My family went for my wife's 40th birthday last summer.

It was the worst dinner of the whole trip.

The menu is very boring and the food is totally over-rated.

It could have been just a bad day, but when our cake is the best dish out of five that is not good.

The service was very good and the location is fine, but my family will never go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter