Narcoossee's - closed from September 17th until mid October

I just spoke with a cast member about this yesterday because this morning was my 60 day adr window. She assured me it is indeed open the entire month of September. I asked if there was a problem or glitch and she said they have not had any memos come through about that. She also added since the update to the restaurant it has been extremely popular and she rarely sees an available reservation on her end. I looked for any availability on every day of our upcoming trip this morning and didn’t see a single reservation.
While I appreciate why the CM would say that, they have the same screens that we do. It is simply incorrect, to no fault of their own.

I attempted Narcoossees on the final day of my trip, I was online the second my 60+10 opened. In those opening seconds, I tried 70, 69, 68, etc etc and it alternated between error messages and no openings available. This has been the case for the last 45 days that I have been checking. Yet, I can book a reservation for any day this week with multiple time options. It has nothing to do with popularity. It is a) a glitch or b) they are unexpectedly closing.

These are the times I wish Deni still was on the Dis team as her son works there. Wishing for her insider information about now! lol

Between the construction at the grand the fact we will have to park at the overflow parking I think we officially have given up on Narcoose for our august trip ( we just ate there in April) been wanting to try some new places so using this as excuse there's always next trip im hoping it works out for everyone soon I actually just cancelled my citric reservation too just saw all the construction pictures on the outside and inside of the main building

So frustrating. On the late Aug night I want to go, I’m solo and can dine at the bar, but I’d rather have a reservation! And I feel just awful for those of you for whom that’s not a good option.

So frustrating. On the late Aug night I want to go, I’m solo and can dine at the bar, but I’d rather have a reservation! And I feel just awful for those of you for whom that’s not a good option.
I'm also looking to dine solo and didn't know the bar took walk-ups, thanks!

I don't think it's discussed much (likely bc it was closed for a while), but I was there with my sister and niece not long ago and spotted two individuals dining solo at the bar - huzzah! I would much rather have the security of a reservation, but I'll take what I can get! Enjoy :).

We travel with friends often and typically stay at The Grand a couple times a year. Our one friend will go to Narcoossee’s at least 2-3 times on his own and eat at the bar for dinner, especially evenings when we are eating at a restaurant that is a bit more kid friendly. The only time he ever had a hard time eating at the bar is when he goes for dinner at The Grand, when staying at another resort, especially without a reservation. It definitely depends on who you get at the gate. Enjoy!

Honestly, is anyone at the GF currently or will be soon that can ask at the actual restaurant and maybe they can say why they are not releasing at 60 days or check on the problem from their end.

We travel with friends often and typically stay at The Grand a couple times a year. Our one friend will go to Narcoossee’s at least 2-3 times on his own and eat at the bar for dinner, especially evenings when we are eating at a restaurant that is a bit more kid friendly. The only time he ever had a hard time eating at the bar is when he goes for dinner at The Grand, when staying at another resort, especially without a reservation. It definitely depends on who you get at the gate. Enjoy!
My DVC Home is Polynesian so I'm staying next door most of the time. If the reservations don't work out I'm definitely going to walk on over a few times to try and get a seat.

My DVC Home is Polynesian so I'm staying next door most of the time. If the reservations don't work out I'm definitely going to walk on over a few times to try and get a seat.
Yes, definitely give it a try. He has never been turned away when walking up. Enjoy!

Yep, my next trip is CR, so same situation! I’ll let you know how it goes if it comes to that. That yummy salad, and I need to get some shrimp and grits this time!!

I've officially (almost) given up. I booked an Ohana just in case, and will cancel if Narcoossees becomes available. What a let down.

I've officially (almost) given up. I booked an Ohana just in case, and will cancel if Narcoossees becomes available. What a let down.
Yes Same! We are not staying at Grand this trip and the nonsense with trying to get a reservation and the issue with parking in cast member parking the main lobby being a construction zone I'm just going to wait until our next trip for narcoses will do cali grill instead

I think I have to give up now… we are staying at the Grand Aug20-27 and I was planning on Narcoosee’s for our special occasion dinner. It’s my husband, myself, and two sons (4yr and 1yr) so I’m not sure the bar would make sense (if that’s even open?) I left a few nights of our stay open for this dinner but I think it might be time to throw in the towel.

Something must be going on. There are plenty of reservations available up until August 15, and ZERO after that, through September. I can’t make sense of why??!

I have a hard time believing cast members haven’t noticed that the restaurant has no bookings two weeks from now.

I’m so curious. I hope someone who’s there after the 15th can hop over and check out the restaurant. This is just so strange and I’ve never encountered this before.

I emailed guest services and inquired. They responded that they have zero ndication of the restaurant closing. They did confirm that they just haven’t loaded the reservations past Aug. 15. They did say reservations could be loaded at any time, so check frequently.

I emailed guest services and inquired. They responded that they have zero ndication of the restaurant closing. They did confirm that they just haven’t loaded the reservations past Aug. 15. They did say reservations could be loaded at any time, so check frequently.
That’s amazing news!! I’m glad they confirmed no reservations were released after the 15th! That makes me feel better! Thanks for sharing

AAAAAGGGHHHH!!! Guess who was stuck on the highway when my TP notification came though? This girl. Traffic crawling!!!!! Finally got off and was able to pull over and snag a res, though. WHEW!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter