• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoosee's worth 2 silver plan wishes?

lizmc

Mouseketeer
Hi .
We will be going to wdw in November with the silver plan, and I wanted to try Narcoosee's, we will be staying at the Poly, , is it really great and worth 2 wishes? All the other meals I have planned are 1 wish meals. this would be our last night dinner as well. Any opinions would be great ! Many thanks!!

I'd like to know, too, since this might be our splurge meal in February. How great is it?

Our bill was steep for our last night (Thanksgiving evening) dinner at Narcoosee's in November 2002. It was really a lovely albeit kind of noisy meal. Our server was excellent and the food was outstanding.

The pay-off? We waited kind of long to be seated despite our 7 p.m. PS BUT as we ate our dessert, the lights dimmed, the music played and we watched Tinkerbell's flight and the fireworks over the Magic Kingdom. As the commercial says, "Priceless!"

I'd use two wishes in a heartbeat.

--penny

Can't help with the "wishes" thing, but can say that Narcoosee's is a fine restaurant, and the food (and the location) make it a place well worth visiting.
In fact, we have PS there on 9/20, our first nite dinner this upcoming trip.

What time should I make a PS for if I want to watch the fireworks?

We went to Narcooses last December before the Very Merry Christmas party. The food was very good - had a seafood bisque soup to die for! Very pricey but get PS during the fireworks. The host sat us at the window in front of the MK (you have to ask). They dim the lights and pipe in the music. My kids were amazed and they still talk about it. Go to Disneyworld.com - click parks and then - park hours - for times of fireworks. It was one of our most memorable meals and moments at Disney.

We were at Disney August 31 - September 7, eating at narcooses on September 5. The meal was very good, I had the seared ahi tuna, done very rare, the ceasar salad, and two drinks, a narcooserita (margharita) and a mud slide desert drink . . . My companion had similar . . . once you added all up, and we had no appitizer or sides, was over $120 with a tip . . .

as for quality amoung the top tier in disney, and if you book as we did after say 7:30 you can see the water light show at 9:15 right by the window . . . fireworks night you need to call for and see as this time of year it is maybe once a week

As for thoughts on the restaurant, in the same tier as flying fish, cali grill, etc . . . though made me compare it to V&A, and more and more I think that is a bargain, the standard table, no wine pairing is $90 plus tip and tax, and you get many courses, including desert and a souvenier menu inscribed to you and wonderful memories. To be honest, that is not that much more than narcoosies, perhaps 50% or 60% and no comparison. Just some thoughts that we had.

My wife an I ate here in June and enjoyed the meal and atmosphere. The price is steep for the food. Don't get me wrong. The food is good. It is very rich. We had the Narcoosies Knot which is a price fixed app., salad, entre, and dessert for about $120.00 without drinks. Throw a few drinks in and the total quickly goes to $140. Is it worth it? I have eaten at many places that had this caliber of food and better and they were a little less expensive. They were not in Disney though and let's face it you are gonna pay inside WDW. The price fixed meal saves and this is surely a good option. Be advised when choosing this option that you are not going to be able to choose dishes with lobster of shrimp. All in all it was a good experience. The place is small, cozy and nice. The PS allowed us to walk in and wait no more than 10 minutes to be seated. Suitability for children is low as it is geared more toward elegance and refinery. That is not to say that you could not have a good meal with kids here. It depends on your kids and more likely how good a day they are having or how tired they are.

They no longer offered the fixed price meal (used to be $49 for appetizer, salad, meal and desert) when we went on September 5th . . . which is a shame, we saw it on the menus page and would have gotten it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter