Narcoosee's or California Grill for Wishes watching dinner

ArthurFiggis

Mouseketeer
Now that I realize that California Grill isn't going to be closed for my trip in January, I'm torn between ending my MK day at Narcoosee's or California Grill.

I've done Narcoosee's before and I love it. :goodvibes I haven't done California Grill ever, so that's a point for it. :scratchin

I suppose what I'm actually looking for is convincing that this is a situation where I should try something new. :lmao:

Anybody done both and have some opinions? :coffee:

I haven't been to Narcoossee's yet, but I loved California Grill :love: My SO wanted to go back to CG this year but I made him pick a restaurant we hadn't tried yet (Narcoossee's).

CG is awesome. We didn't watch Wishes from it, but we did check out the view of MK from the outdoor balcony and it was neat even without fireworks.

Try California Grill!

Went to CG in August and we loved it. We finished dinner, went out with our drinks to watch wishes (as our waiter suggested), came back in and ordered dessert. It was perfect, food and service were amazing

I've done both and I think CG is quite a bit better than Narcoosees. I don't care for the fireworks from either so my opinion is based on food and service.

I like both Narcoossee's and California Grill. In terms of food and service, I like Narcoossee's better - the food has always been excellent and the service is outstanding. In terms of fireworks, the views are both really good, but very different. At both places you can request a table with a view, but there is no guarantee that you'll get one in time. Personally, I prefer to go outside to view the show because the windows get in the way and, at Narcoossee's, people might block your view.

From Narcoossee's the fireworks generally appear to the left of the castle. From California Grill, the fireworks are much closer, both in terms of height and closeness.

Narcoossee's:
DSC_0374_1.jpg

California Grill:
CAGrill2.jpg

We have done both (twice) and I must say that, for us, Cali Grill wins. We had fantastic meals, impeccible service, and great views of the fireworks. It is definitely in a class by itself.

We really enjoyed Narcoossees our first time, but were slightly underwhelmed our second time. The service was spotty but the food was fine. We live at the beach in DE, so I think we are slightly spoiled when it comes to seafood.

For our upcoming trip, we decided to skip Narcoossees. Whichever you decide, have fun and I'm sure it will be a fabulous meal.

Wow, thanks all! So, I was able to score a 7:40 ADR at California Grill, so even the Mouse is in favor of it. :smickey:

? for those who are answering. What time would be a good time to book your reservation for if you want to see the fireworks? Thank you:)

In terms of times for reservations, if you can't get something close to fireworks, you can always save your receipt and come back. We dined at CG twice in August and our reservations were at 7:50 both times. We finished dinner just before Wishes began.

I think you made the right choice choosing CG over Narcoossee's. CG is our favorite restaurant. The service is always excellent and the food is to die for!! We have eaten at Narcoossee's twice, but would definitely choose CG. Enjoy your dinner!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter