Napoleon Dynamite fans- a question...

bananiem

It's like Annie Bananie only it's just Bananie M.<
My dd is in 5th grade and my ds is in 3rd grade. They want to rent this movie. Is it appropriate for this age or will I be offended at what my kids are watching? Or will it be mostly over their head?
Thanks!

By today's standards, it's really tame. It's rated PG. There are some lines like "Tina you fat lard..." (referring to a llama) that may bother some. Or the words "freakin" and "flippin". No biggie to me. My 3rd and 6th grade boys loved it. Especially the 3rd grader.

It really is a tame movie. I bet your kids would like it!

My 16 yr. old son bought the darn thing and watches it over and over and over. My daughter and her BF were home on Spring Break and watched it a couple of times, too.

I don't think there's any profanity, sexual situations, etc. It's just a goofy, quirky little movie. :)

Thanks, Pam and Barb. That's just the info I needed.
now if the snow would just stop long enough for us to get out and rent it!

Movie Mom (reviews movies on the Yahoo site) recommends it for children 14 and up. I always check her reviews before I let my 12 yo see a movie I'm not sure about. She is always right on as far as I'm concerned.

I think the movie would be fine.

I watched it, and I still don't get what all the hype is about with this movie. I think it's one of those either you get it, or you don't. And I didn't, LOL! My two boys loved it though.

I dont think it is going to be "bad" for your kids being that there is no foul language, drugs, sex etc... I personally thought the movie was hilarious, but probably because I'm an 80s kid. I would let them watch it, but they will probably get bored and distracted. The most entertaining parts for me were the things I saw and heard that I remember being a part of my childhood. So IMO the reason so many people gont get it or dont like it is that it just doesnt have that nostalgic value it does for me.

My DS and I watched it and we both loved it. Its like Office Space for kids. There is nothing in at that I would worry about, but I know my DD who is 8 was bored by it.

My kids were always quoting from this movie so I watched it. I thought it was cute. Well they quoted from it so much when I called up for room service at the hotel when we went sking I asked for a chicken Case-a-dilla. My kids thought this was very funny. :rotfl2: Maybe I should build them a cake or something! :rotfl2:

I didnt know anything about this movie until my 15 yr brought it home....I really dont know how I sat and watched the whole thing, maybe because it brought back alot of memories. Was this suppose to be a comedy? At times I would laugh, not because it was funny, but because it was so stupid.

Southen4sure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter