• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Napa Rose --- ?'s about dining there

tofubeast

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of post-poning our wedding anniversary dinner, and waiting to have it at Napa Rose. We have never been and thought it might make our upcoming trip even more special. So I got some questions....

1) Is it worth it? I have read some good reviews elsewhere, but am curious what my fellow Dis'ers have to say! Tell me about the food! :banana:

2) What is the dress code? (i.e. what are most people wearing in there...)

3) If we go, we of course plan to make PS. Any advice for getting the chef's table area for two people?

4) If we drive to the hotel to dine there, do they validate parking?

Muchas gracias!

We are thinking of post-poning our wedding anniversary dinner, and waiting to have it at Napa Rose. We have never been and thought it might make our upcoming trip even more special. So I got some questions....

1) Is it worth it? I have read some good reviews elsewhere, but am curious what my fellow Dis'ers have to say! Tell me about the food! :banana:

3) If we go, we of course plan to make PS. Any advice for getting the chef's table area for two people?

Muchas gracias!

1) Yes, it really is the best restaurant at DL and it is comparable to top restaurants that I have been to in NY, LA and SF. Our only problem was that we ate there the night after Ralph Brennan's. We had had a great meal there, too and were just too stuffed to fully enjoy the Napa Rose experience. I cannot remember what we ate because it was a year and a half ago. I do remember having something excellent with ahi as an appetizer.

2) Code is theme park casual although some people do dress up more. Theme park casual meaning at least collared shirts (not tshirts) though.

3) Can't help you on this question. I would ask guest services about it. I'm thinking that you probably need to actually reserve chef's table and I would think there is demand, so maybe 60 days out (or whatever the first time you can reserve is).

4) We were staying at GCH, so I don't know about validation. I would think that Disney Dining should be able to answer that question also.

Muchas gracias!

To answer you last westion, yes they validate. We at there on May 4 and valet parked. NO charge excapt for tipping.

We went for the Food and Wine festival. We ate at Steakhouse 55 for a Winemaker Dinner on May 2.

IMO, the dinner at Steakhouse 55 was much much better than Napa Rose and the cost at Napa Rose was 50% more. I am not sure if it was due to it being a Food and Wine festival event, but it was "over the top", while Napa Rose was Very good.

Ed

To answer you last westion, yes they validate. We at there on May 4 and valet parked. NO charge excapt for tipping.

We went for the Food and Wine festival. We ate at Steakhouse 55 for a Winemaker Dinner on May 2.

IMO, the dinner at Steakhouse 55 was much much better than Napa Rose and the cost at Napa Rose was 50% more. I am not sure if it was due to it being a Food and Wine festival event, but it was "over the top", while Napa Rose was Very good.

Ed

I will look at the menu for Steakhouse 55. I am a "phoney" veggie who eats fish..but not other mean. DH eats anything. Will see if that place has stuff that interests us. Thanks for the pointer!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I did not care for Napa Rose at all. This was in 01, and no one in our party of 12 thought it was that great. Some people in the same party went again last year and were still not impressed. Maybe none of us are into fine dining. Beautiful atmosphere and service though.

It depends on what you like and expect. Are you into tasting or pairing menus? Do you like to stretch the meal out, don't mind waiting a little longer for food, really there for the whole experience? Do you mind smaller portions of high quality food? Then go and you can pretty much wear anything casual but you will see a range of attire.

If you like bigger portions, erupting desserts and a livelier atmosphere you'd be happier in DTD.

I am an admitted food snob. I travel often with dh and get to eat at some of the best resturants in the country. I have truly enjoyed my dinners at the Napa Rose. I have eaten at all the Disney resturants and I think they do a lovely job. My dh's lawfirm even went there for a Christmas function.
As for dress, in So.Calif. dressing up means a collared shirt and wearing shoes. You will be ok as long as you aren't in theme park gear.
I think you will enjoy your evening. Bon Appetite!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter