• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Napa Rose Chef's Counter

auntangi

Earning My Ears
My husband and I celebrating our 5th anniversary at DLR (as we have all anniversaries and our honeymoon!). But because this is a semi-milestone we have decided to treat ourselves to a dinner at Napa Rose. We have never had a meal at Napa Rose but have heard so many amazing reports. The question is, do we go for the Chef's Counter (if reservations cooperate) or should we stick with the main dining room? I am interested in any feedback from those who have taken part in this experience. Let me know, is the Chef's Counter worth the cost? And will I end up overeating because of all of the offerings? Thank you!

If it doesn't totally destroy your budget, the Chefs Counter is absolutely worth it. To be honest, it's really not THAT much more money than what you'd probably end up spending off the menu anyway - and the view and personal attention is excellent.

The courses are just small enough (and light on carbs) that you won't feel like you're shoving wasted food in - but you'll be properly full.

The only downside is you'll probably never want to go back to the main dining room after the counter experience.

Yes, if you appreciate great food it is definitely worth the cost. I did overeat. If you are a picky eater or have a lot of dietary restrictions, I'd say just do the MDR. The fun is in being surprised by all the great dishes the chef puts in front of you.

I LOVED chef's counter. If you were considering the set menu anyway you pay the same but can get a completely personalized menu which I think is an AWESOME value!

Somebody tell me again what seats at the chef's counter are best? Somebody actually had them numbered... I'm getting ready to make reservations for September. Thanks!

Somebody tell me again what seats at the chef's counter are best? Somebody actually had them numbered... I'm getting ready to make reservations for September. Thanks!

I've only sat in the 5-6-7-8 section - the middle four seats directly facing the kitchen, right by the pass. We were in 7-8 last year (my husband and I) and the 5-6-7 this May during our girl's trip.

Call the restaurant directly. Also, for those who love dessert, sitting in seats 9-12 gives you a direct view of the dessert chefs at work. If there are any birthdays, anniversaries, engagements happening that night, you will get to see the plates decorated and chat with the chefs about the special desserts, e.g. placing an engagement ring on the plate.

Also -- don't hesitate to call just because it's less than 60 days out. I made a fairly late decision to go and was able to get Chef's Table reservations about 3 weeks out for an August date!

The direct number for Napa Rose is 714-300-7170. You are allowed to make reservations two months in advance. For example, I made reservations for our late August trip on June 1.

If it doesn't totally destroy your budget, the Chefs Counter is absolutely worth it. To be honest, it's really not THAT much more money than what you'd probably end up spending off the menu anyway - and the view and personal attention is excellent.

The courses are just small enough (and light on carbs) that you won't feel like you're shoving wasted food in - but you'll be properly full.

The only downside is you'll probably never want to go back to the main dining room after the counter experience.

Thank you for this feedback! I am going to try and get us reservations for sure!

No question about it- chef's counter is totally the way to go. We've been 5x and have never been disappointed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter