Nancy Grace and Caylee Anthony

Disney1fan2002

<font color=red>Like OMG the TF is SOO psyched to
OK, Nancy has been showing a video footage of Caylee for months. She is sitting at a table with a book. For months, there was no audio, just her precious face. Somewhere along the way, they decided to put out the audio. What Caylee is doing is singing. She is singing. I don't think I needed to hear her little voice. It just makes me that much sadder. At the end, you can hear her ask her "papa" if he is tired.

How could her mother do this to her??? She had so many people in her life that loved her, why didn't Casey just hand her over?

OK, Nancy has been showing a video footage of Caylee for months. She is sitting at a table with a book. For months, there was no audio, just her precious face. Somewhere along the way, they decided to put out the audio. What Caylee is doing is singing. She is singing. I don't think I needed to hear her little voice. It just makes me that much sadder. At the end, you can hear her ask her "papa" if he is tired.

How could her mother do this to her??? She had so many people in her life that loved her, why didn't Casey just hand her over?

she is a selfish , disturbed person and we will never understand how/why she was capable of killing that poor baby....

Honestly, I just don't watch much about the story .... i am thankful that they found the angel and I hope they have enough evidence to put the beast away ,but to watch footage of the child is just too painful .....

At this point, Nancy Grace's vicious-dog approach has evoked some sympathy in me for Casey Anthony. Was that Nancy Grace's intent? Would it have been so bad for Nancy Grace to show some perspective? ... to practice some balance? ... so that my first thought about the case would be about the horrible tragedy that befell this small child, instead of about the inane witch-hunt perpetrated by an out-of-control television personality? :sad2:

To answer your question, I doubt any reasonable person could ever know the mind of someone who does something unthinkably horrible.

At this point, Nancy Grace's vicious-dog approach has evoked some sympathy in me for Casey Anthony. Was that Nancy Grace's intent? Would it have been so bad for Nancy Grace to show some perspective? ... to practice some balance? ... so that my first thought about the case would be about the horrible tragedy that befell this small child, instead of about the inane witch-hunt perpetrated by an out-of-control television personality? :sad2:

Yikes, NO ONE can do that! Back away from NG if you're feeling sorry for that cretin!

NG is doing her job, just like any "performer". What we forget is these people are using the news as a form of entertainment. As much as I disagree with or dislike some of them (Bill O comes to mind) they're merely "actors" keeping their shows on for the clients' money. She harped on Casey's case for TOO long but now, at least, there is a reason to cover it. Hopefully the case will be finalized and she, just like her viewers, will move on.

It is heartbreaking to hear Caylee's sweet little voice when she is singing in that video, and when she asks her grandpa if he is tired.
Nancy Grace was a prosecuting attorney, and she definately wants to try the case on her program, and convict Casey, before the case has even gone to trial. I don't have any sympathy for Casey...she has lied repeatedly to the authorities, and I think her behavior has been bizarre. Throughout this whole thing, she has done nothing to help authorities find Caylee...but in this country, a person is innocent until proven guilty. May Caylee rest in peace.

We've been living with this story down here for months, and the only conclusion I can draw is that she killed Caylee because the child was "cramping her style" and she didn't simply give her up to George and Cindy because she wanted to get back at her mother.

Yikes, NO ONE can do that! Back away from NG if you're feeling sorry for that cretin!
I think everyone should be held accountable for their transgressions. There is no question that Caylee Anthony's killer should feel the full brunt of society's wrath. However, separate from that, Nancy Grace committed wrongs, and they should not be overlooked.

NG is doing her job, just like any "performer". What we forget is these people are using the news as a form of entertainment. As much as I disagree with or dislike some of them (Bill O comes to mind) they're merely "actors" keeping their shows on for the clients' money.
Personalities who headline programs on news networks, or as part of a network news organization, have an implicit responsibility to honesty and balance. These organizations are granted specific privileges in our society that evoke that responsibility.

She harped on Casey's case for TOO long but now, at least, there is a reason to cover it.
It wasn't the duration. Lou Dobbs harped on the immigration issue for too long as well, but he didn't commit the kind of transgression that Nancy Grace committed, continuously and viciously attacking one suspect without adequate evidence.
Nancy Grace was a prosecuting attorney, and she definately wants to try the case on her program, and convict Casey, before the case has even gone to trial.
And prosecutors hate that kind of thing because it makes it harder to bring criminals to justice, not easier. Imagine if the killer goes free because of a legalistic issue caused by Nancy Grace's coverage. How would that make you feel?

Hopefully the case will be finalized and she, just like her viewers, will move on.
I fear, since she's been rewarded for her transgressions, that she'll move on to commit the same transgression again. Maybe next time she'll be wrong about her target.

I don't have any sympathy for Casey...
And to be fair, I don't really have that much sympathy for her. If it wasn't for Nancy Grace, I'd probably have none.

May Caylee rest in peace.
Amen.

We've been living with this story down here for months, and the only conclusion I can draw is that she killed Caylee because the child was "cramping her style" and she didn't simply give her up to George and Cindy because she wanted to get back at her mother.

That's about the size of it. :sad2:

I
Personalities who headline programs on news networks, or as part of a network news organization, have an implicit responsibility to honesty and balance. These organizations are granted specific privileges in our society that evoke that responsibility.

In a perfect world it should be. But it's not. I've been in this godforsaken business for years and believe me, it's ONLY about the mighty dollar. The guise of "news" gives the false representation of honesty and truth, but it's mostly entertainment with a glimmer of reality.

Nancy grace's blood pressure must be sky high. I can't imagine living with the hatred she does every day. She is so enmeshed in these awful cases, I don't see how she has any peace in her life.

I wonder if a pregnant woman's BP has any specific impact on the children she bears. :confused:

At this point, Nancy Grace's vicious-dog approach has evoked some sympathy in me for Casey Anthony.

Honestly, that speaks more of you and your character or weaknesses than it does of Nancy Grace. A strong mind will not be influenced away from what is right and just, by a mere TV personality.:)

Honestly, that speaks more of you and your character or weaknesses than it does of Nancy Grace.
Ah: You see compassionate empathy as a weakness. That speaks more of you and your character than anything else. :sad2:

I can't stand Nancy Grace. The Elizabeth Smart case was AWFUL when she focused on their handy man (that died in jail) when it wasn't him and the child was alive and brainwashed somewhere. Then that mother committed suicide after talking to her. That woman is an absolute witch. In this case I think she had it right; but this trial by public opinion is NOT good for society even if they are correct. The legal system needs to be able to do its job and this sort of thing brings us closer to mob justice than to fair trial by jury.

I can't stand Nancy Grace. The Elizabeth Smart case was AWFUL when she focused on their handy man (that died in jail) when it wasn't him and the child was alive and brainwashed somewhere. Then that mother committed suicide after talking to her. That woman is an absolute witch.
I don't remember whether I knew that she had committed this same transgression before, and was wrong about it that time. Thanks for highlighting that.

In this case I think she had it right; but this trial by public opinion is NOT good for society even if they are correct. The legal system needs to be able to do its job and this sort of thing brings us closer to mob justice than to fair trial by jury.
Absolutely, and a major concern of mine given how so much of our society is affected by mob mentality, and how that endangers much of what people of conscience like me hold dear, such as personal freedom and civil liberty.

I can't stand Nancy Grace. The Elizabeth Smart case was AWFUL when she focused on their handy man (that died in jail) when it wasn't him and the child was alive and brainwashed somewhere. Then that mother committed suicide after talking to her. That woman is an absolute witch. In this case I think she had it right; but this trial by public opinion is NOT good for society even if they are correct. The legal system needs to be able to do its job and this sort of thing brings us closer to mob justice than to fair trial by jury.

:thumbsup2

She was the same about missing child Trenton Duckett (?), I believe that's his name.

Nancy Grace isn't my favorite. And I don't think she always practices responsible journalism, heck not even close! But I do think she really feels about these issues. As I recall, her fiancee was murdered many years ago and clearly, she hasn't come to terms with that all the way. She gets maniacal about these cases. And of course ratings, stardom and the almighty dollar just feed her fire. This is completely not the first time she has gone round the bend on a case.

I agree, let little Caylee rest in peace. She certainly deserves to. As for her mother, well, she's gonna get hers for the next 50 years or however long she lives in prison. Its just the latest sickening mess to see on cable television. I can't even watch it anymore. I wouldn't have known they had found the body if I hadn't read it on the dis. Because I have turned off the tv where this and many other issues are concerned.

I have watched NG from tiem to time, but never a full show I can only handle so much of her.
But she has the most information on this subject of Caylee.
If my kids were missing-just thinking of it makes me want to throw up.
Part of me wonders if she just kept telling stories hoping they would get tired of looking for her.

I know one thing, inmates don't take kindly to those who are behind bars with them for messing with children. She's gonna get the snot kicked out of her!

What they need to do is to put Casey Anthony in a room and play this video over and over until she finally admits what she did to that little angel!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter