naming party food

DisneyBabies

DIS Veteran
I need help! We are having an ocean themed 1st birthday party for the baby and I am giving the food "ocean" names, but I am having trouble with the last two.

For example, subs are sub sandwiches :-)rolleyes: yeah . . . I know, it was too good to resist the cliche though); kids sushi is deep sea sushi; pasta salad is seashell salad; water with lemon is ocean water.

I am also going to have a veggie tray with ranch dip (carrots, cucumber, green pepper, olives, pickles and celery). We are also having a "smash cake" and cupcakes. For the life of me, I can't think of names for those two; and I'm anal enough that I've reeeaaallly gotta have names :sad2: .

Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

I need help! We are having an ocean themed 1st birthday party for the baby and I am giving the food "ocean" names, but I am having trouble with the last two.

For example, subs are sub sandwiches :-)rolleyes: yeah . . . I know, it was too good to resist the cliche though); kids sushi is deep sea sushi; pasta salad is seashell salad; water with lemon is ocean water.

I am also going to have a veggie tray with ranch dip (carrots, cucumber, green pepper, olives, pickles and celery). We are also having a "smash cake" and cupcakes. For the life of me, I can't think of names for those two; and I'm anal enough that I've reeeaaallly gotta have names :sad2: .

Seaweed & Such; Sea Cucumbers (& Other Stuff); Viperfish Veggies

Crab Cupcakes

I love themed parties w/ themed menus!

When our DD had a "Little Mermaid" birthday party, I gave "ocean" names to the food as well. Following was our menu:

Fish-wiches - party sandwiches w/ the bread cut into the shapes of fish using fish cookie cutters

Sea Salt Chips

Seashell Pasta Salad - pasta salad using the shell pasta

Coral Reef Veggies

Strawberry Mermaids - strawberries dipped in chocolate

Under the Sea Cookies - sugar cookies in the shapes of various sea life (octopus, shark, dolphin, fish, etc.)

Mermaid Cake

Instead of serving the pasta salad and chips in traditional serving bowls, I served them in sand buckets. The sugar cookies were laid out on fish netting.

Our older DS had a "Finding Nemo" birthday party, and I used names from the movie for the menu - 42 Wallaby Way Cheese & Crackers, Sidney Harbor Fruits & Veggies, Bruce's Fishsticks, etc.

I also made little individual blue jellos w/ Swedish gummy fish & called them Tank Gang Aquariums.

For the birthday cakes, even though I've always had "themed" menus, I've also just named the cakes the theme of the party, if that makes sense - Little Mermaid Cake, Nemo Cake, etc. Maybe call your cake & cupcakes "Under the Sea Cakes"?

You might could call your vegetable platter "Sea Weed Veggies" since sea weed is kinda the "vegetable" of the sea. ;)

Hope this helps some!!

coral reef veggies or crunchy coral & sea foam dip for the veggies & dip, or are you naming each veggie?

sunken treasure cupcakes, clownfish cupcakes, great white cupcakes

There are a bunch of ideas on Pinterest for "under the sea" cupcakes!

For the veggies-what about "fan-sea vegetables?

Or-just call the veggie tray shark bait.

Not too creative, but maybe-these will help you come up with other ideas!

7512_10201415071442892_1875786902_n.jpg

We made that for my daughters veggie tray at her under the sea party.Bell Pepper Octopus. I also did a bit of food 'art' so it wasn't so much named but it was themed!

Her cupcakes we themed and I had a couple different flavors. Above them I just put a sign that said "See Food, Eat Food! Flavors: --list how to tell cupcakes apart--"

Our fruit tray, fruity palm trees and beach.

946883_10201415070602871_868570048_n.jpg

The blowfish:
601739_10201415070442867_1000163018_n.jpg

7512_10201415071442892_1875786902_n.jpg

We made that for my daughters veggie tray at her under the sea party.Bell Pepper Octopus. I also did a bit of food 'art' so it wasn't so much named but it was themed!

Her cupcakes we themed and I had a couple different flavors. Above them I just put a sign that said "See Food, Eat Food! Flavors: --list how to tell cupcakes apart--"

Our fruit tray, fruity palm trees and beach.

946883_10201415070602871_868570048_n.jpg

The blowfish:
601739_10201415070442867_1000163018_n.jpg

very cute food:thumbsup2

For the veggie tray:

You could have long pieces of celery or pretzel rods. These are your fishing poles. You use the dip to catch the smaller pieces.

For my preschoolers I give them a pretzel rod, pb and goldfish for catching.
Also, if you cut up cocktail dogs and then boil them you can make a cute octotpus. http://www.pinaycookingcorner.com/2011/08/filipino-red-hot-dogs-and-buttered.html

You should make these for decorations.. when I do it I use curling ribbon instead of streamers and they are adorable. http://tippytoecrafts.blogspot.com/2012/07/coffee-filter-jellyfish.html

For a craft you could make these http://www.theiowafarmerswife.com/2011/06/w-is-for-whale.html and have some stickers for the kids to decorate it.

The sensory bags on this page are really fun too http://momstart.com/2013/02/a-rainy-day-solution-the-happy-trunk/

I love themed parties! Have fun!

Veggie Tray:
Crustacean Crudite
Vegetarian Fish Food
Phytoplankton
Manatee Food

Cupcakes:
Shark Bites
Sea Sweets
Chocolate (or whatever flavor) Fish Cakes

Thanks so much for all of the ideas everyone! These were really great.

And I loved the pictures of the food scottishduffy.

We usually keep everything, even serving dishes within the theme, but the last few months have been unreal here and I just didn't have the time to get it all together. We even had to cancel our Disney trip which was supposed to be this weekend actually.

I'm kind of disappointed that I'm not going all out for the baby's first birthday, but I'm doing everything I could put together in a month. I really can't wait to see how it all comes out.

Thanks again for all the help everyone! You are sanity savers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter