• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name question

Both. I know, I'm a world of help. :rolleyes:

I tend to think of it as a boys name first, but I know a girl at my daughters school has that name so it can be for either one.

Sorry...for me just a last name because a good family friend's last name was Emerson. But the friend was a guy if that helps. ;)

reminds me of a knock, knock joke...knock, knock...whos there...emerson...emerson who...emerson nice (blanks) lady...fill in the blank with whatever parts of the body you want, such as legs. hope this helps

Where we live (mid-South), it would most likely be a girl's name.

for me, I can see it either way. Like the Avery phenomenon from a few years ago.

Either. The child I know named Emerson is a girl so that is how I think of it now.

My DS has a good friend at school named Emerson, so I automatically associate the name with female. Everyone calls her "Em" which makes it even harder for me to imagine it as a boys name.

Boy. I'll admit this on the DIS.
Out in the real world? I would have no opinion. Names have become far more serious matters than they used to be.
Boy names for girls, peculiar spellings, invented names...I smile and say it's lovely for all of them. End of story. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter