Name one thing you'd change about DCL

I don't know about the Wonder, it has been years since we sailed her. Maybe someone that has recently sailed?

I have sailed on her recently and they do have it. It really is nice to have it fresh!

If I had one wish for DCL it would be more vegetarian and vegan options that are also low fat and still tasty. This will happen in due time probably.

Okay, one more wish - change that ridiculous sign at Castaway Cay that says "Captain Bob Iger" to Captain Walt Disney or take it down altogether.

I have sailed on her recently and they do have it. It really is nice to have it fresh! If I had one wish for DCL it would be more vegetarian and vegan options that are also low fat and still tasty. This will happen in due time probably. Okay, one more wish - change that ridiculous sign at Castaway Cay that says "Captain Bob Iger" to Captain Walt Disney or take it down altogether.

What bothers u abt capt bob iger?

I'm not sure if anyone has said it already or not, but one of those pop/soda machines that you can press the button and see a bunch of flavors and then press which one you'd like....

I know it could quite possibly be messy but I got a little tired of the same beverages over and over on the Fantasy (coke, sprite and water)

This next cruise we're going to bring some flavor add-ins for water such as Mio or the Crystal Light add-ins... at least it's a different flavor and doesn't require much space in a suitcase! :)

These are called Coke Freestyle machines. I've seen reports of it on other ships (RCCL I think) that have them.

Mine is silly: wish they had fresh popped popcorn for movies.

I would add Mtn Dew (for me), and DR Pepper (for my sister Stefanie Peacock) to the soda fountain, and maybe some energy drinks. Because who doesn't want to be wired on a ship in the middle of the ocean! :rotfl2:

I have sailed on her recently and they do have it. It really is nice to have it fresh!

If I had one wish for DCL it would be more vegetarian and vegan options that are also low fat and still tasty. This will happen in due time probably.

Okay, one more wish - change that ridiculous sign at Castaway Cay that says "Captain Bob Iger" to Captain Walt Disney or take it down altogether.

I would change it to Captain Mickey Mouse

I would add Mtn Dew (for me), and DR Pepper (for my sister Stefanie Peacock) to the soda fountain, and maybe some energy drinks. Because who doesn't want to be wired on a ship in the middle of the ocean! :rotfl2:

Both of those are Pepsi products. Thank goodness they added coke zero! We are serious addicts... And I LOVE adding Vanilla to it. Speaking of pop flavors, is the cokes from around the world still at EP?

Both of those are Pepsi products. Thank goodness they added coke zero! We are serious addicts... And I LOVE adding Vanilla to it. Speaking of pop flavors, is the cokes from around the world still at EP?
I could go for a vanilla coke right about now! Do you bring your own vanilla, or is it on the ship?

I am actually grateful they do not have my favorite pop, Pepsi, onboard. Hopefully I will not feed My habit all week long. ;-)

Oh I don't think there is Vanilla. I added my own at a freestyle machine just this afternoon matter of fact. But adding coke zero is new to the Magic, it wasn't on the Dream when I went. I suppose we could add vanilla ice cream and make a diet coke zero float... Yeyah....

Oh I don't think there is Vanilla. I added my own at a freestyle machine just this afternoon matter of fact. But adding coke zero is new to the Magic, it wasn't on the Dream when I went. I suppose we could add vanilla ice cream and make a diet coke zero float... Yeyah....

We could call it a floatin Mickey :rotfl:

I think DCL needs to improve the food. I found it very hit and miss. Much of it SOUNDED very good, but just didn't deliver. I was excited to see lamb on the menu, and it was really poorly cooked and so disappointing (and worse than the lamb at Cabana's buffet). Things like potato leek soup, which should be a fairly basic and easy soup to pull off, was just plain terrible.
The desserts were mediocre at best.

There's really no excuse for this. If you have it on the menu, then prepare it well. If it's a recipe that can't be made well in that banquet-type of setting, then don't have it on the menu.

Disney is so detail-oriented, I really expected that they would ensure that each and every recipe (and execution of the recipe) be good, if not perfect.

Theres a few different signs with Disney and DCL brass on them at CC. Its a way to say thanks to certain people for 1 reason or another. Kind of like the names on the windows on Main Street. Theres another sign for Karl Holz and Tom Staggs have there names on CC as well.

Theres a few different signs with Disney and DCL brass on them at CC. Its a way to say thanks to certain people for 1 reason or another. Kind of like the names on the windows on Main Street. Theres another sign for Karl Holz and Tom Staggs have there names on CC as well.

They get thanked with an enormous paycheck. I don't need to see their names plastered on signs on my vacation.

Other then the cost I'm pretty happy with DCL. The only thing I think I would change is the kids clubs. I wish they would have divided the ages in the Oceaneers lab/club. It was hard getting them to go after the first couple of cruises. They thought there was too many "little" kids. They are now moving on to the Edge so even that won't be an issue anymore. Hopefully we won't be priced out of DCL because we enjoy everything about it.

Other then the cost I'm pretty happy with DCL. The only thing I think I would change is the kids clubs. I wish they would have divided the ages in the Oceaneers lab/club. It was hard getting them to go after the first couple of cruises. They thought there was too many "little" kids. They are now moving on to the Edge so even that won't be an issue anymore. Hopefully we won't be priced out of DCL because we enjoy everything about it.

Definitely change the oceaneer/lab ages into two age brackets. 6-3 and 7-10 maybe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter