• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name of Sponsor who rents DVC points

Disneyformykids

Earning My Ears
Does anyone have contact information for the DIS Sponsor who was advertised on Friday 8/20/10? Apparently, the agency rents member points to non-members. Any information is appreciated! Thanks!:wizard:

David's website is www.dvcrequest.com

There is a banner add at the top of the Rent/Trade Forum with the link included.

750x100.jpg

We are owners at AKV but rented points from David when we needed a Disney fix and we were out of points. We did pay a bit of a higher price, $13/pt, but felt it was worth it for the peace of mind. We had a great experience with David's company and would use him again if we don't succumb to addonitis first. :rolleyes1

While most renters are honest, trustworthy people, I have read on these boards of people getting scammed out of money from unscrupulous individuals. :scared1:
Using David's company allowed me to sleep at night.

We are owners at AKV but rented points from David when we needed a Disney fix and we were out of points. We did pay a bit of a higher price, $13/pt, but felt it was worth it for the peace of mind. We had a great experience with David's company and would use him again if we don't succumb to addonitis first. :rolleyes1

While most renters are honest, trustworthy people, I have read on these boards of people getting scammed out of money from unscrupulous individuals. :scared1:

That's good to know about David's company. I was looking at using him next year for a trip.. Makes me feel better knowing people have had a good experience with him :)

Cathy

I've used David on the other end (to rent my points) and he's top notch. Great peace of mind, easy to use!

This is great to know. DH wants to rent our points to pay for an ABD trip but I'm too terrified of doing it myself. Gld to know there is another option.

I just discovered this option yesterday. We will have points to rent, and I have been dreading going through the whole process on my own (getting rental agreement in place, chance of getting scammed, etc.).

For DVC owners who have used this service, is FULL payment to the owner guaranteed, whether or not the traveler follows through with their payment? :confused:

I just discovered this option yesterday. We will have points to rent, and I have been dreading going through the whole process on my own (getting rental agreement in place, chance of getting scammed, etc.).

For DVC owners who have used this service, is FULL payment to the owner guaranteed, whether or not the traveler follows through with their payment? :confused:

I used him for the very reason you mentioned. I didn't want to deal with rental agreements, getting scammed, dealing with people changing their mind,etc.

You get 50% up front, the other 50% at check-in. The person renting your points can not get a refund under any conditions (it's in the contract we both "sign") so you are safe there. I have, however, had to call and change dates for my person.

I heard that David's company is so good and it keeps you so stress free regarding the transaction you might find yourself sleeping during the day as well.

:rotfl:

Jason

I heard that David's company is so good and it keeps you so stress free regarding the transaction you might find yourself sleeping during the day as well.

:rotfl:

Jason

Hehehe. Are you sure you didn't hear that I am always sleeping?

David

David is top notch for members looking to rent out their points and members and non members needing points for a reservation. You should not hesitate to use his services. :banana::cool1::banana:

You get 50% up front, the other 50% at check-in. The person renting your points can not get a refund under any conditions (it's in the contract we both "sign") so you are safe there. I have, however, had to call and change dates for my person.

David is top notch for members looking to rent out their points and members and non members needing points for a reservation. You should not hesitate to use his services. :banana::cool1::banana:

Thank you both!!! :goodvibes

I noticed on Davids site it asked for your DVC account number, so does anyone know who actually has to make the reservation, would I still have to make the reservation or does Davids company make it? I am always weary about giving any account numbers over the net but I really need to get my points rented so I do not lose them....

I noticed on Davids site it asked for your DVC account number, so does anyone know who actually has to make the reservation, would I still have to make the reservation or does Davids company make it? I am always weary about giving any account numbers over the net but I really need to get my points rented so I do not lose them....

You have to make the reservation, just like always. No one but an owner can make the reservation with their points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter