• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name of 2 Songs at Departure Party

Ashley24

DIS Veteran
There are two songs that I have heard at every departure party I have been to (3) and these songs both have specific motions that go with them. I would like my dh to download these songs so that I can reminise (sp?) and practice the motions at home so that maybe I won't look so foolish next time!:cool: However, I need to know the titles and who sings them.
Here are some of the words:
Song #1- Hey Baby, I want to know if you'll be my girl (the words hey and know are drawn out so more like heyyyyyyyyyyyy and knooooowwwwwwww). The motions consist of raising hands upward in a circular motion and down, and then doing a "ooh, ahh" with arms punching in a upward diagnal movement and then crossed. Then you turn in a circle with your hands making circular motions.

Song#2- This one has you do line dance-like motions with directions in it like stomp your feet, slide to the left, slide to the right, now turn around, Charley brown, now Cha Cha Cha and so on.

Do these words ring a bell to anyone?
Please help!
Ann

Hey the Hair Nazi beat me to it! ;) Yes, the second one is the infamous Cha Cha Slide, which has become a cruise theme song for a group of us. :teeth:

The first one isn't ringing a bell and I thought I knew every sailaway party song there is. ;) Hopefully someone else can help with that one!

I think the first song was orginally done by Bruce Channel,
but the version used on the cruise is by DJ Otzi

DJ Otzi - Hey Baby
Hey baby

Hey hey baby (hu ha)
I wanna know if you'll be my girl
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

When I saw you walking down the street
I said that's the kind of girl
I'd like to meet
She is so pretty looks so fine
I'm gonna make her my oh mine

Hey hey baby (hu ha)
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

When you turn and walk away
That's when I want to say
Come on baby give me a whirl
I wanna know if you will be my girl
When you turn and walk away
That's when I want to say
Come on baby give me a whirl

Hey hey baby (hu ha)
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

Hey hey baby (hu ha)
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

And now it's party time
Hey hey baby (hu ha)
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

Hey hey baby (hu ha)
Hey hey baby (hu ha)

Wow! I AM impressed! Thanks so much! I can't wait to hear those songs again! They'll be great to exercise to!
Ann:bounce:

Ahhh, the memories, wish i was onboard doing those dances right now. Definitely brings back some fun memories.

Hey Baby....is this the same song that is used in Dirty Dancing?

yup, the original version.
it's an oldy but a goodie:D

Is the Cha Cha Slide the same as the "<I>Electric Slide</I>"? I know they always do that one, and announce it as "<I>Electric Slide</I>," which incorporates a lot of different dance movements.

Cha Cha slide is different than the Electric Slide. We heard it for the first time on our cruise May 2001 and I LOVED it. It is played at clubs around here often, and every time I hear it I think of the Disney Cruise. The Cha Cha Slide is my little theme song. My DH has me dancing it quite pregnant on our first cruise. We had our 13 month old son dancing it on this last cruise (with mommy of course) The song actually tells you what moves to do. It can be a lot of fun.

The other song--Hey Hey Baby--I think can be found on a Radio Disney Jams CD (but I'm not sure, I'll have to get my daughter to check hers out for me) as for the dance moves on this one, it is just something that the crew has made up for the song.

Sue Ellen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter