• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name labels for clothes

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
Where do you get name labels to put in clothes? Like the kind you would put inside a kid's clothing when sending the kid to overnight camp. I am hoping for self-adhesive, not something which needs to be sewed.

It used to be that I wouldn't recommend anything but Mabels Labels but a lot of imitation brands have popped up in the last few years that are just as good and cheaper. Walmart carries a variety of brands here. I liked the Avery ones. My son is going in to 6th grade and is over having cute pictures on the labels. He still loses everything and needs his sports stuff labeled etc. So the plain Avery ones have been fine and stood up to the wash for us.

I never tried self-adhesive labels for the kids for camp. Everything was sewn-in or marked with laundry markers.

The self-adhesive ones I used for the nursing home came off in the wash. We lost a set of sheets. :mad: I had to use the sew-in kind instead.

Another fan of Mabel Labels. My younger kids are 13 (boy) and 12 (girl). I don't use them on the boys stuff anymore except jackets which is only a one in Florida and a few hoodies. I use Mabel Labels on ALL of my daughter's cheer clothes, jackets, sweaters, nike pros, etc. She does a lot of sleep overs and loses items. The cheer clothing she has 24 other girls on her team with identical items and I like ours to be returned and her not get a random warm-up jacket, shoes etc. that may not be in the same condition. I have never had an issue with Mabel Label's washing off.

I like the Avery ones. Used them for DD6 clothes that went to school, coats hats, etc. Still going strong after a year and many washings. Much cheaper than Mabels Labels.

Sharpie is the only thing I have yet to get out of the wash. And laundry markers/ink. Hubby had to use that in boot camp. If you can't mark the tag, mark the inside collar or hem. Somewhere where it won't be seen. It if intials or name are too long, pick a pattern.

I've been very happy with www.label-land.com. The labels survive washing very well. It was kind of difficult to rip them off when we donated the clothing to Goodwill. Some of the shirts that we put the labels in 6-7 years ago are still there and washing fine. (DD is 20 but still wears stuff that fit in HS.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter