Name 1 thing you think will be better in America if Kerry is elected.

Randi

<font color=purple>Don't you dare dangle my meat i
I don't mean this to be a debate, just curious as to what you believe that Kerry would improve if he is elected. Be as specific as possible, ie: don't say more jobs, tell how you think his election will mean more jobs.
I am neither for or against him, just interested in what determines how a person chooses a candidate to vote for.

tax rates for the middle class

health care

national security

civil liberties

to name a few.

Originally posted by jennyanydots

health care

national security

civil liberties

to name a few.

You mean to say that there are no "tax rates"? With Kerry's plans, tax rates will be certainly higher; for the middle class and for everyone else. Except for him of course. His earned income is a small portion of his income. The majority of his income is long term capital gains taxed at 15%. Wouldn't you like to pay 15%?
Also, tell me what civil liberties you have been forced to give up under the Patriot Act the John Kerry voted for? How will you have better "national security"?

No debate from me, but Jennyanydots how is Kerry going to implement the changes you listed?

Originally posted by jennyanydots

health care

national security

civil liberties

to name a few.

What's amazing is that if you were to ask this question about Bush and say "what things are high on Bush's priority list" that some would reply the same as you did for Kerry.

Now of course, the Bush haters have a different list, ask Michael Moore about it...

I will not be voting Kerry/Edwards. I thought I should clear the air on that 1st thing. I do like how Edwards is against NAFTA, this is where I tend to fall on the side of the Democrats, well Edwards anyway. I am hopeful we'll put some trade restrictions on countries that abuse slave labor and/or child labor. Both of these issues would hurt some foreign countries initially, but I feel a move like this on our part would lead to improvements in lots of other countries. It's a very sad situation. IMO this would also make America much more competitive too. I know lots of people believe that outsourcing is good for our country, but I'm just not sold on that theory. I fail to see how losing 100's of thousands of jobs is good for us, yet so many do.

Keep in mind, while I think this has the potential of increasing jobs in America or at the very least, keeping us from losing those that we have now, I feel if Bush's tax cuts are repealed, we'll lose many jobs there too. So, which is better? I think Reaganomics proved quite successful from the 80's until recent years.

I believe that if Kerry is elected, he will be able to bring a more balanced notion of international diplomacy to America. I disagree with the unilateral actions and arrogance of the current administration; we need to belong to the global community, and Kerry has convinced me that he is ready to rebuild these relationships.

That's my one thing.

I am pro life, therefore will not vote Kerry/Edwards.

I am pro life, therefore will have a hard time voting Bush/Chaney.

What do all of you with moral convictions do come election time ?

rcyannacci,
I don't mean to offend you, but Kerry is promising foreign diplomats that we'll bow down and kiss their hind ends. Yeah, that's better for all of us! Appeasement! It works with those bully kids in high school and it works for international affairs too. OKAY

Originally posted by IMGONNABE40!

Some of us are Pro Life and Pro Death Penalty. Of course, some are vice versa too. For us, this decision is quite easy.

A Veep, John Edwards, that can talk to dead presidents for advice.
he sees dead people

Originally posted by N.Bailey
rcyannacci,
I don't mean to offend you, but Kerry is promising foreign diplomats that we'll bow down and kiss their hind ends. Yeah, that's better for all of us! Appeasement! It works with those bully kids in high school and it works for international affairs too. OKAY

alertlevel.jpg

This is untrue and nothing more than right-wing spin.

The Kerry-Edwards team believes in working with the international community for the betterment of all:

“Americans deserve a principled diplomacy...backed by undoubted military might...based on enlightened self-interest, not the zero-sum logic of power politics...a diplomacy that commits America to lead the world toward liberty and prosperity. A bold progressive internationalism that focuses not just on the immediate and imminent, but insidious dangers that can mount over the next years and decade, dangers that span the spectrum from the denial of democracy, to destructive weapons, endemic poverty and epidemic disease. These are not just issues of international order, but vital issues of our own national security.”

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
alertlevel.jpg

This is untrue and nothing more than right-wing spin.

The Kerry-Edwards team believes in working with the international community for the betterment of all:

“Americans deserve a principled diplomacy...backed by undoubted military might...based on enlightened self-interest, not the zero-sum logic of power politics...a diplomacy that commits America to lead the world toward liberty and prosperity. A bold progressive internationalism that focuses not just on the immediate and imminent, but insidious dangers that can mount over the next years and decade, dangers that span the spectrum from the denial of democracy, to destructive weapons, endemic poverty and epidemic disease. These are not just issues of international order, but vital issues of our own national security.”

I think it might be you that's putting a spin on it. After what Chirac did to this country how he methodically went against us trying to gather support for what he believed, how can you even suggest that it's right wing propaganda? You just don't get it. With France having VETO power, it didn't matter what we did, France was against us and there was no way we could get anything passed by the UN with that being the case. Then all you can say is, we should work with international leaders.....Wait a minute, hold the press, stop the news.........What's that? A oil for food scandal you say???? Hmmmm, the why's are starting to make sense now, huh?

Originally posted by IMGONNABE40!

I am pro-life and therefore against the death penalty. Sadly, for me, very few politicians hold these same views. Hell, very few regular people hold these same views. That said, if the choice is between killing an unborn child or killing a convicted murderer, I'll have to choose killing the convicted murderer.

Just one man's opinion.

Richard

I think it might be you that's putting a spin on it. After what Chirac did to this country how he methodically went against us trying to gather support for what he believed, how can you even suggest that it's right wing propaganda? You just don't get it. With France having VETO power, it didn't matter what we did, France was against us and there was no way we could get anything passed by the UN with that being the case. Then all you can say is, we should work with international leaders.....Wait a minute, hold the press, stop the news.........What's that? A oil for food scandal you say???? Hmmmm, the why's are starting to make sense now, huh?

Um, I don't get it? Last time I checked Chirac was answerable to the French people, not U.S. citizens.

I am glad that France (and other countries) stand their ground and do what is in the best interest for their people. They should go blindly along with the U.S. for what reason?

You're the one presenting spin. Look back at your post, it's utterly ridiculous.

Originally posted by ThreeCircles
Um, I don't get it? Last time I checked Chirac was answerable to the French people, not U.S. citizens.

I am glad that France (and other countries) stand their ground and do what is in the best interest for their people. They should go blindly along with the U.S. for what reason?

You're the one presenting spin. Look back at your post, it's utterly ridiculous.

Well, I don't quite see it the way you do. Chirac certainly doesn't have to do anything that he feels would harm his country in anyway, but to go out and gather support against us? If you're okay with that, good for you, but I think most reasonable Americans don't see it from your prospective at all.

What we found out through this whole ordeal however is, the UN is a joke and they can certainly be bought. Personally, I think it's time the US separated itself from the UN entirely. I doubt that will happen though. Let me ask you this? Do you believe that 1 branch of government can work? If you don't, please explain how one branch of world government can?

rcyannacci,

I'm not offended, and I expected that others would disagree with me on this point. I do feel that your bully analogy is somewhat misplaced considering our own recent military actions. When a leader gives up on diplomacy, I give up on that leader. I look forward to casting my vote this November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter