nail polish remover on leather

simonsmom

DIS Veteran
Help- my daugter pilled nail polish remover on a new leathr couch an it removed the top layer of color/material. any ideas?

Isn't that coincidental? My daughter just spilled nail polish on a finished nightstand. I'm scared to put remover on anything that's finished. Any ideas out there?

Shoe polish in the same shade as the couch. It worked for a brand-new leather skirt I bought once. For the nightstand -- furniture stain?

I would try leather conditioner or cleaner (saddle soap?) on the sofa before shoe polish, since the polish could transfer to the clothing of anyone sitting on the sofa. Used to be you could get a leather dye at shoe repair shops--I would try that too.
For the nail polish on the nightstand--what sort of finish does it have? Is it wood finish?

Well, for the wood finish, I would try some olive oil (I suppose you could use any liquid vegetable oil) and apply it by hand to a small corner of the spilt nail polish, see if the oil will penetrate between the polish and the wood, and kind of 'float' the polish off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter