• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nacho Libre???

AC7179

Registered
So there is a movie with this title......my husband has asked me to fine the translation of nacho libre and I have looked and looked and can't find it. Anyone know what nacho libre means?

libre means free. So free nacho? I don't think that "nacho" translates to anything.

I read in the paper in the past day or so that it loosely translates as "free fighting."

ucralum said:
I read in the paper in the past day or so that it loosely translates as "free fighting."

to bad it dont mean 'free nachos"

Nacho =short for Ignacio
Libre= free

It's a play on words for lucha libre, which is wrestling (or loosely translated as stated by another poster as free fighting). Luchadores are wrestlers (have you guys seen the cartoon Mucha Lucha?) These luchadores wear masks to conceal their identity. This is popular sport in Mexico, so that's were the allegory to nacho comes into play.

Wow, I know that was long, but that's the meaning behind it...

okay, thanks for the translation because I just kept thinking Cuba Libre is rum and coke with lime so I was thinking Nacho Libre must be nachos with lime and it sure didn't make any sense to me. :confused3

DukeStreetKing said:
I thought it meant "another crappy movie". :confused3

Yes it was another movie with crap in it :rotfl2:

Both in the bathroom on the comode and I think he hit his partner in the face with some.

But as 5 min. in I was MOVIE PEOPLE watching I'm not sure.Glad I didn't pay to see it felt like they owed me for my time. :lmao:

So what is it about then? I had figured they were trying to free some guy named Nacho. (Don't laugh, I went to high school with at least a couple of guys named Nacho.)

LOL.

My 12 year old is in Spanish and kept telling me Nacho is short for Ignacio, but we kept telling her there HAD to be another translation.

Darn.

I hate it when she is smarter than I am. :confused3

disneymom3 said:
So what is it about then? I had figured they were trying to free some guy named Nacho. (Don't laugh, I went to high school with at least a couple of guys named Nacho.)
Jack Black plays Nacho, who cooks in a monastery and moonlights as a wrestler to get better food for the orphans. I think he is also supposed to have a crush on the pretty nun. The clip I saw had him dressed in monk's robes. Our local critic, who professed to not liking Jack Black before, said it was good.

I saw the film, don't waste your time. Use your libre to get some nachos and see another movie. Jack Black nearly naked got reeeeeealllllly boring.

i thought it was a funny movie. it was a bit like napoleon dynamite, which i enjoyed.

it had its moments. i actually think i liked the music the most.

I thought this movie looked incredibly stupid, and since it was being compared to Napoleon Dynamite, which I hate, I basically just thought it would be horrible. But I was talked into seeing it with some friends, and it was actually a lot funnier than I expected. Still stupid and not something I'd want to see over and over, but I did laugh a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter