Nachi Cocum in Cozumel

MisterOJ

Mouseketeer
We booked this on our own for a beach day in Cozumel.

We thought about doing DCL's beach day, but thought this one would be nicer since it is limited to 100 adults, and likely won't be as crowded.

Has anyone else done it? And what did you think? If you've done DCL's beach day on Cozumel and could compare the two, that would be great.

Thanks!

When we sailed Carnival, we did Nachi Cocom. We LOVED it! It was perfect for adults and children. We could see the other beaches in a distance and they were crowded. The food was really good. My children just wanted to play in the surf, but they have lots of activities. Most there speak enough English that you can get whatever you need. Bring cash or traveler's checks for entrance and for activities. The water, sand, and pools were enjoyed by the whole family. The taxi ride to and back was super easy. Go knowing that you will have fun. We had a few (not in our group) that day who over indulged in the free tequila, but no one there was obnoxious. We will definitely go back anytime that we travel to Cozumel.

Also, Playa Mia is the beach that all the cruise ships go to, so it can get really crowded. Plus I had read somewhere that the food was just so-so. I am sure that it is a nice beach, but just depends on how many ships are in port that day as to how crowded. My husband was nervous about doing a non-ship excursion, but said he would do Nachi again in a heart beat because he had so much fun and it was so easy to access.

Loved it and woud book again. This is a beatiful beach with lots of chairs and shade. The service can be slow but no different then the other mexico beaches we have been too.

Go and have a wonderful time. We also took a taxi and it took about 15mins.

Order the guacomole is very good!!! :goodvibes

You will love it! We were there 2 years ago for my wedding and it was great! If we ever go back there, that is a must do for our family. Great beach, amazing food, low crowds and they have a great lay-out. I highly recommend!!!!!

I haven't been yet but will be there next week. I researched it pretty heavily as we'll have a 4 year old in tow and I wanted to make very sure we chose the most appropriate option.

There are some reviews on this board you can search for and they are abundant on Cruise Critic. Of the innumerable reviews I read, only 1 person didn't like it (and, IMO, her gripes were more related to her not being able to adjust to the culture and deal with things being done a bit differently in Mexico). Over and over and over, everyone absolutely raved about Nachi Cocum and said they'd return again in a heartbeat.

We've been there twice, the last time being in Feb. It is wonderful! I had small children each time and it was perfect. Lots of room on the beach and a great bonus is the pool (especially since small children can't partake in the pools on the ship). Food is delicious and the drinks plentiful. No need to worry about your choice!

LOVED it for the whole family!!!!! Had three kiddos in tow and it was a Super Fabulous DAY!!!

Been there twice...it's our absolute favorite port stop! We have two kids and they love it too! Enjoy! :goodvibes

princess: Crystal

I read about it here on the DIS and it sounded perfect. There were supposed to be a lot of ships in port that day which made the fact that they limit the number of guests even better.

The employees were nice - the food was tasty and the water was beautiful. My DH and DS did the wave runner for a half hour and had a good time - I rented a float and spent a lot of time just floating in the water. The drinks are unlimited - but a bit weak - so you would have to drink A LOT to get drunk. The pool was nice too and my son loved the swim up bar (to get soda - he's 11)

One tip I learned here was that you don't have to order your food all at once - get an appetizer or two and enjoy - take your time - it was a perfectly relaxing day.

The only negative was leaving.... actually I thought of one - I hit my head on the damn Palapas nearly every time I walked out from under it - lol - after the first time you'd think I'd learn.

hmmmm maybe the drinks were stronger than I thought? :lmao:

OH! bring towels - they'll rent them to you if you forget - you can bring the towels from the ship and bring them back when you return.

We did this with other :disrocks:dissers when we did the Western over Halloween. There was a VERY active cruise thread and we did all sorts of things. Meet and Greet for dinner the night before at the Port. About 60 of us for Capt Marvin's Stingray Sail and Snorkel and nearly SOLD OUT Nachi. What a great experience. Food was good and drinks kept flowing. Beach was :beach: great for the kids and adults, nice pool and pool bar. Members of our group planned a treasure hunt on the beach for the kids. Couldn't have been a better time!

Check our thread-Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Cruise or one of the trip reports done by our group members.

Enjoy!

About the drinks...if you want a stronger drink you can go to the bar...or swim up to the bar...:cool2:...and ask for double the alcohol. They have no problem making things stronger! At the swim up bar you can watch them making the drinks...they are not skimpy...especially if you ask!

BTW...I once asked if they had a Smirnoff Wine Cooler...you know in the bottle. The next thing I know our waiter brings me a cup with totally clear liquid in it...I am thinking...Smirnoff Wine Coolers are clear...I go to drink...and yup! It's Smirnoff Vodka! Pure! A big huge cup of it! :goodvibes

By the end of our day...the men were doing shots...they will bring you what you want! Enjoy Nachi Cocom!!! :cool2:

princess: Crystal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter