Is it kid friendly?
How far from where we dock is it?
Any input is greatly appreciated!

Has anyone gone here?
I would love to see some pictures.
Is it kid friendly?
How far from where we dock is it?
Any input is greatly appreciated!

We were there last year....very kid friendly. While I enjoyed it I liked other beach clubs like Mr. Sanchos and Playa Mia better.

Here are our pics from Nachi....sorry....I though I had more. What I preferred about the other beach clubs was there was more "free" activities at the Playa Mia like water trampoline and the "iceberg"...you can see it down the beach in the first photo.

MJ

Thanks for your quick response!
I'm on a huge long thread on CC right now comparing them!
I'm also checking out Mr. Santos. Our kids are 6 and 4.

We went to Nachi Cocum on our Nov 12 cruise. Was our 4th visit to NC and will probably be our last. Place was packed on our visit and we didn't get beach chairs closest bo water. Service also a little down, but food and drinks were excellent.

We visited in March '11 off of the Magic myself, my DH and 3 adult children. Reviews had been great, we were very, very disappointed. Long cab ride, we arrived outside of a very run down property. I could go on and on but surfice it to say that nothing was as advertised and we really wished that we had not even left the Magic for the day. We will not return.

We went twice at NC and we loved it very much both time:thumbsup2
Like the fact that no more than 100 person per day can come in.

We have been to the other places with water toys, didn't feel so relaxing to us;) and we have 3 kids!

Been there twice and loved it!! The first time we went with my DSis and her 3 kiddos, although there were no water toys the kids had a blast just playing in the water and sand! :goodvibes Also been to Mr. Sanchos more recently and had a GREAT time there as well!! Have a great time whatever you choose!:thumbsup2

We visited in November with our three young children. It was a good day, but I am not 100% sure that we would return.

The one thing that stands out in our minds is the sand. It is very grainy/shelly and not the greatest for sitting or playing in. Compared to the powdery sand at Castaway Cay, it doesn't stand a chance!

The water was beautiful and warm. The service and food was okay, but pretty slow. Our kids loved the pool.

The cab rides to and from were very fast and pretty scary! Good luck with your decision.

Don't discount Paradise Beach as another option. They also have water toys - $12 for the day to use them. We stayed there last year and really enjoyed it.

My DH and I have been to NC twice, once on our own and once with DS (2). We enjoyed it both times very much! Yes, it is true, it is not the most gorgeous property when you drive up, but the beach is nice, the food is great and the drinks are plentiful! We really liked the fact that there are only 100 people let in per day. Both times we went there were nowhere near 100 people there so it was a really nice, quiet, low key experience.
My hubby and I also went to Playa Mia, but we really did not like the experience at all. The food isnt as good (but not horrible), drink selection is limited, it is VERY crowded and the beach is super rocky. The one pro is that it has the water features like the trampoline, but it was too busy to even get near them! Hope this is helpful

Thanks everyone for your input! I showed DH the options and he picked NC. We'll give it a shot as long as there are spots left! There are 7 ships scheduled to be in port that day...

Since this is a thread with lots of people who have been to Nachi Cocom, can I ask about the food they serve? We will be there next Wednesday, and it just occurred to me that in Mexico, they may only serve Mexican food! I will love this, I'm sure, but my DH is picky and the only "Mexican" food he will eat is a churro! His favorite foods are burgers, pizza, and hot dogs. I swear, he'd be just as happy eating off a kid's menu if they came in larger portions. :lmao:

My other question is tipping. In addition to the "day pass", we also booked a couple's massage and 30 min jetski rides. Who do we tip, when, and how much is customary? (We don't vacation much, never been to Mexico, and I don't want to be "that tourist"!)

TIA! :flower3:

Here is the menu:
*NACHI COCOM SAMPLE MENU:

APPETIZERS
FRENCH FRIES
Crispy and salty.

NACHOS
Served with guacamole, pico de gallo & jalapenos.

GUACAMOLE
Original recipe, with onions, tomato, coriander and lemon.

CHEESE FINGERS
Crispy and golden fried portions of cheese, served with French dressing.

QUESADILLAS
Served with guacamole, choose between green or red tomato sauce.

CHICKEN FRY TACOS
Delicious golden fried tacos, stuffed with chicken, topped with sour cream, cheese and lettuce.

CHICKEN WINGS
Discover why they envy us!. Served with hot sauce or French dressing.

CHICKEN LEGS KENTUCKY STYLE
Here is the reason why the Colonel visited Cozumel so many times. Served with French dressing.

BABY BACK RIBS
Enjoy a delicious B.B.Q. Sauce, it is our secret recipe!

SOUPS

CHICKEN SOUP
Generous portion of chicken consomme, served with rice.

SEA FOOD SOUP
We don't have words for this, you need to try this SPECIAL of the house. Seasoned with Pernod.

ENTRES

HOTDOGS
With French fries.

CLUB SANDWICH
Delicious combination of bacon, cheese, ham and chicken, served with French fries.

BURGER
Prime quality beef, with or without cheese, served with French fries.
BEEF FAJITAS
Strips of prime beef, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, retried beans and flour tortillas.

CHICKEN FAJITAS
Strips of chicken tender breast, grilled with onions and green peppers Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

SHRIMP FAJITAS
We use only the freshest shrimps in this dish!. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.

COMBO FAJITAS
Awesome combination: Strips of prime beef, tender chicken breast and shrimp. Served with guacamole, refried beans and flour tortillas.
FISH FILET PREPARED TO YOUR TASTE
Your choice: Grilled with butter, .garlic, Yucatecan style, breaded or fine herbs Served with rice and sauteed vegetables.

SEAFOOD COCKTAILS & CEVICHES
CONCH
Cozumel is not only famous by her beach, sun and palm's, here is the proof.

SHRIMP
Fresh and delicious, the perfect way to tan.

MIXED
Delicious combination of shrimp, conch, octopus and squid.

DRINKS
"QUALITY IS OUR COMMITMENT"

Soft Drinks
Purified Water
Lemonade
Iced Tea
Fruit Juice
Beer (Corona, XX, Sol, Tecate, Modelo)
Cheladas & Micheladas
Rum Bacardi
Rum Solera
Brandy Presidente
Brandy Don PedroVodka Smirnoff
Vodka Wiborowa
Vodka ABSOLUT
Gin Gelbey's
Tequila Herradura Gold
Tequila Hornitos Young & Gold
Scotch J.W Black Label & Chivas Regal
Wine of the House Red & White
Amareto Di Saronno
Cocktails & Daiquiris
Cocktails & Daiquiris Virgin

*All items are subject to availability on any given day, and we require the right to make substitutions.

*Because the value of the Nachi Cocom Beach Break is not placed on the alcohol, the price remains the same for drinkers and non-drinkers. We have a variety of non-alcoholic tropical treats as well. The true value of Nachi Cocom is placed on the location and the fact that we limit admission to create a more private and exclusive beach break experience for our valued clients. Your reservation with us will guarantee you seating, great drinks, alcoholic or non, great food and service, and all at a very special beach club that values quality over quantity

There will be plenty for him to eat. As for the tips, we usually tip the server $20 or so. Havent had any other services, but I think the standard is 15%, right?

Thanks so much for the list! I guess they know where their guests come from and what they like... he will not starve! :woohoo:

We visited Nachi Cocum in May of this year (while on the Magic). I had my two granddaughters .. ages 7 & 5. We all enjoyed it. It was very quiet... I don't think there was even a total of 25 guests there that day. Very relaxing day. Here are a few images from that day....

I didn't feel that the taxi ride was all that long..... but I enjoy the sights anyway. Yes, we would go back again.

Enjoy your cruise!

last month and didn't understand what all the fuss was about. The hot tub was cold, there were very loud people drinking with no end in sight and screaming at people to join them. Food was ok, nothing special, drinks were good and plentiful but if you wanted to use the water toys they were at an additional cost...We will probably try Mr. Sanchos next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter