Nachi Cocum Cozumel question

klcason

DVC Member August, 2003
I know I read somewhere that someone had a cheaper way to do this resort than the $50 per adult all inclusive. Can we just show up, or contact them directly?

Kayla

We went there in 11/07 - we booked ahead of time on line - but the day we were there - several taxis of people just drove up and paid on the spot -- they take cash - and it was not a problem

If I were to go to Coz again - I would do this - as it offers you the benefit of flexibilty -- i.e. - if weather is subpar or you don't feel like going - you lose nothing

Even if you get there and they are "full" I doubt they would turn you away - and even if they did - you could always go elsewhere

When you reserve in advance you pay a portion to island marketing and the remainder in cash.

I think it was something like 4 to 1 ratio or something. I assume the amount you pay upfront is island marketing cut.

When I was there I saw some people show up later in the day and they just asked them to spend X amount.

The reservation may come more into play during busier seasons. They advertise they only let a set amount of people in each day.

We got the all inclusive and they stated for each person one appetizer and one entree but they did not seem to stick to that rule.

We had a party of 9 and I gave the guy $20 to start and we had great service. He brought us beer in the Ocean.

The trip is under 20 minutes. It is probablyone of the farther of the resorts.

The cab ride was $5 per person.

I recommend especially if you have a group to get in one of the newer 14 passenger vans. The A/C works better and the vehicles are newer and safer.

After lots of cocktails on the beach I am sure that the cab ride home in the rain at light speed in a car with no spedometer would have been much scarier.

I also liked the bigger van because we had kids with us

We LOOOVE Nachi! :beach: We weren't able to go during our Nov. '08 cruise :sad2: , but we'll definitely be there this September!! It is the main place my 7yo dd wants to go to when we are on DCL! :thumbsup2

I just booked Nachi for my next cruise. I don't believe there is any option other than All Inclusive, but the amount of money seems to be reasonable for what you get: more than enough to eat, an open bar, and guaranteed lounges/umbrella on the beach (they limit the resort to 100 people per day).

The reason I chose to actually make a reservation is that there will be six cruise ships in port on the day that we are there. I decided Paradise Beach (or some of the others) had the potential to be too crowded for our liking. Also, with six ships in port, I was concerned that if we didn't have a reservation, Nachi would fill up and we wouldn't be able to get in. It's a calculated gamble on my part. Lastly, I've seen nothing but glowing reviews for Nachi on Trip Advisor and Cruise Critic, so I figured we have nothing to lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter