Nachi cocom exclusive beach break

Wow, thanks for sharing those photos! I loved the Mexican Hat one. And I want one with my feet up in a hammock and the beach area in the background too!! :thumbsup2

Hmmmm I wonder what the look on the staff's faces will be like when each family that comes in says "I'm with them", yes 77 people so far, and I'm sure we'll have a few more join! That place is going to be DISED out on November 3rd!

I think I will bring some sort of bug repellant since a previous post mentioned those nasty flies in November!

MJ

I think I will bring some sort of bug repellant since a previous post mentioned those nasty flies in November!

MJ

Avon has a great sunscreen/bug repellant. I use it on my 4 year old with zero problems.

When we were there last November I don't remember seeing any flies, so you might get lucky.

We spent the day at Nachi in November, 2009.

Good:
- the food was amazing and lots of it.
- it's gorgeous.
- clean bathrooms.

Bad:
- lounge chairs were quite uncomfortable. Talked to several people afterwards who had rented some flotation devices and then used those as a cushion on the lounge chair.
- staff wasn't very friendly.

Ugly:
- flesh eating flies were on the prowl. We ended up being covered in welts. Pretty much everyone on our cruise that we talked to ended up being plagued by the flies so maybe it was the time of year?

4667013777_4b6c191fea.jpg

IMG_1191.jpg
The lack of cushions on the lounge chairs has been a hot topic on another cruising site. Nachi is no longer offering them. Some claim that you can still get a cushion-like experience by renting one of the blue floating mats ($7 rental, I think) and use them not only in the water but also on the chairs. Who knows if those will be available either. Either way, what my family intends to do is to bring our own beach towels (thicker than the ones given out on the boat) to use on our loungers! Seems like the fly problem is also a seasonal thing but I also plan on bringing some bug stuff just in case too. What started out as a few of us saying we'd be going to Nachi has turned into a large gathering of our fellow Disney cruisers. We heard that there would be up to 15,000 cruisers in Cozumel that day (one of the biggest days of the year for cruise ships in the port) so booking a beach with a max capacity of 100 people that had a three course meal, all the drinks you want, a pool, palapas and loungers, etc. apparently is appealing to many of us! I've never been there but am really looking forward to it. Oh....we've got a pirate treasure hunt planned for the "10 and under" kiddos too. It should be a super fun day for all ages. :cool2::cool2::cool2:

Judy,
I'm willing to bring my tripod!

I'll bring the camera! I've got a really good SLR one with a wide angle lense too. It has a remote so pictures can be taken hands free. I've never tried THAT before but will practice this summer, so that I can be in the photo too. :)

We heard that there would be up to 15,000 cruisers in Cozumel that day (one of the biggest days of the year for cruise ships in the port) so booking a beach with a max capacity of 100 people that had a three course meal, all the drinks you want, a pool, palapas and loungers, etc. apparently is appealing to many of us! :

What day is this???

I'll bring the camera! I've got a really good SLR one with a wide angle lense too. It has a remote so pictures can be taken hands free. I've never tried THAT before but will practice this summer, so that I can be in the photo too. :)

I've got the timer setting down! I just RUN LIKE MAD! :rotfl: And I usually have it take 5 pictures in a row so I make it into at least one.

What day is this???

We will be there on November 3rd. You can find out how many ships are in any given port around the world by going to a site called cruisett. Find the port you want and it will then show you the number of ships docked there along with the port load number for that day! Pretty cool.

IMG_0155.JPG

only pics looking out, not in. The restaurant was immediately behind me very short walk. The pool is to the left of the restaurant. (lol....the white chairs visible....that's the rowdy group).

The flies are seasonal - it has something to do with the turtles hatching we were told. We are booked in December for a second time and taking our adult children with us this time.

The food was awesome and they don't 'count' how many times you eat - we had items for an early lunch and again right before the kitchen closed. It really was yummy.

I didn't find the chairs uncomfortable - or any more uncomfortable than any other plastic furniture. I also don't remember seeing any mats but will remember to take plenty of towels from the ship when we leave.

I took my time in getting the deposit in and they are booked. They have responded with a day pass to some resort. Anyone done this?

They don't list the resort on their page but it's on the same site as Nachi. I have us signed up for 11/3. Two pools, beach, food and drink. 30 folks max!

We went to Nachi and loved it. But, somehow we forgot to get towels from the boat and had to RENT them for $8. a towel:mad:! for a family of 5, i wasn't happy, but it was our own fault. Remember your towels!!

pixiedust: Here's some pixie-dust for good luck in getting your reservation at Nachi! We will be there in exactly 4 weeks from today! We can't wait! :thumbsup2

princess: Crystal

Thanks a lot, pixie-dust is always good... I should know later today.

Have a blast while you're there... please post pictures upon your return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter