Mystery post by ABD

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
ABD just posted this myterious statement:

An adventure will soon be told of real life romantic villages and experiences from a tale as old as time! Won’t you #BeOurGuest?
1f339.png

16722370_1374857932534796_578271440782826403_o.jpg

Any guesses?

Sayhello

The pic they posted is a picture of Colmar, a French town near the German border. Sounds like a beautiful trip! If it does focus on castles though, won't it be a bit redundant what with the Germany itinerary? Unless they combine the two?

Tauck has a Rhine cruise that visits Colmar. Does ABD's Rhine cruise go there?

Edited: I see ABD moved their River Cruises to a different tab on their website.

Last edited:
I would be surprised that they would do another France related trip right now. I am not as Euro-phobic on travel as many people (DCL Baltic this year and planning Holiday Danube ABD next year) but France is not on the list of places I'm willing to go. There are ongoing riots outside Paris for the last several days...

I would suspect that it would be easier to fly into Amsterdam, Brussels, Dusseldorff or Frankfurt than Paris to reach this area. But looking at airfare prices it is a combination of a strong dollar as well as less demand that it would behoove me to look at doing Europe next year.

Colmar is on the itinerary for Day 7 of our Holiday Rhine River Cruise. I was really excited about visiting reindeer but the picture looks gorgeous, too :)

Edited: I see ABD moved their River Cruises to a different tab on their website.
Oh, I was going to post about that. I actually called ABD to complain about them dropping the river cruises from their menu, and she had to point out to me that they were in the next tab. I think they should label the tabs "Land Tours" and "Cruises" or something like that. Not "Destinations" and "Cruises". A cruise is a destination, too...

Sayhello

I would tend to agree about new trips to France or Germany.
Oh, I was going to post about that. I actually called ABD to complain about them dropping the river cruises from their menu, and she had to point out to me that they were in the next tab. I think they should label the tabs "Land Tours" and "Cruises" or something like that. Not "Destinations" and "Cruises". A cruise is a destination, too...

Sayhello

I agree. In general I like ABD's website. It's a lot better than DCL's website, but they do need to place cruises under the "Destinations" tab. And they need to get rid of the "Offers and More" tab. It's redundant and unnecessary.

The Alsace region of France! Would be delightful at Christmas with all the Christmas markets. DH and I took a day trip from Paris to Strasbourg a few years ago on a Christmas trip - travel on the TGV train took about an hour and 20 minutes. Would love to go back and see Colmar & the other villages in the region. Super charming!

Looks like it's officially a Beauty and the Beast themed itinerary!

I believe it will be next years Rhine cruises that have the B and B theme. Check out the 2018 itinerary and you will see all the references. We are going this summer and I asked if we could expect any Beauty the Beast extra touches and was told no only next year. What a bummer! Disney always finds a way to make me realize I can do so much better on my own. Took me years to try another ABD, and I am sure it will be very nice, but disappointed to realize we will miss out on extra touches.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter