Myrtle Beach?

Skjhjb

DIS Veteran
Hey all!

Not Disney related (although I DID google map to see if a day trip was possible from Myrtle Beach...LOL) - so if this has to be deleted I understand.

The inlaws are staying in a condo for two months - they leave today or tomorrow depending on weather.

DH and I are leaving the kids behind and going to see them for a few days. The oldest is 19 and will be on reading week from University, and the Monday is the Ontario Family Day holiday.

We plan to leave around midnight on the 13th, and drive right through.

Anybody been? I know the weather won't be shorts & tshirts, but anything is better than the snow we have.

What should we be checking out?

I've already got the moonshine store on my list....LOL

I've been a bunch of times. Basically, it's Niagara Falls with a beach. Nothing special but if you have never been you most likely will enjoy it. In the winter most of the tourist things are closed. It will be very quiet. We went once for March Break just because we needed a cheap getaway. During the winter hotels/condos that in summer months are $300+/night will be $75/night....often even less. That's how quiet it is there.

You will need a heavy sweatshirt to walk the beach at that time. It's not overly cold but the wind is very strong.

You can easily drive it from the GTA in a day if you leave at around 3am. It will be straight driving though....not stopping off any place.

Shopping is good, great deals because it's so slow - two outlet malls, and Braodway at the Beach. The skywheel is cool. Don't forget your shorts and T's I certainly found the daytimes warm enough in March, but it's variable. Excellent mini-golf options. Brookgreen Plantation was worth a day trip, Historic Charleston is an easy day trip too. Oh yeah, don't forget to do a bit of shagging too...

Do tell about the moonshine shop. I actually found that SC has more restrictive liquor laws than Ontario. There are counties where you still can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Maybe that's why they have a moonshine shop come to think...

One cool liquor law, you are allowed to take partial bottles of wine home from the restaurants. So you can share a glass of a nice wine, and then have them package up the rest of the bottle back to take back to the hotel. Now there's a rule we need in Ontario.

Shopping is good, great deals because it's so slow - two outlet malls, and Braodway at the Beach. The skywheel is cool. Don't forget your shorts and T's I certainly found the daytimes warm enough in March, but it's variable. Excellent mini-golf options. Brookgreen Plantation was worth a day trip, Historic Charleston is an easy day trip too. Oh yeah, don't forget to do a bit of shagging too...

Do tell about the moonshine shop. I actually found that SC has more restrictive liquor laws than Ontario. There are counties where you still can't buy alcohol on Sundays. Maybe that's why they have a moonshine shop come to think...

One cool liquor law, you are allowed to take partial bottles of wine home from the restaurants. So you can share a glass of a nice wine, and then have them package up the rest of the bottle back to take back to the hotel. Now there's a rule we need in Ontario.

Somebody on a US chat board I frequent mentioned the moonshine place:

http://palmettomoonshine.com/myrtle-beach/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter