Myrtle Beach-where To Stay!!

michella

Mouseketeer
My husband and I would like to stay in Myrtle beach for a week in September(after Labor Day), however we can't seem to make up our minds as to where to stay. The pictures of hotel/condos online look nice, but pictures can be deceiving. Any suggestions .... We can sure use the help!!!!

We go to Mrytle Beach every year. We prefer to stay in North Mrytle Beach. It's less hetic than Mrytle Beach proper. We always stay at a condos, one of our favorites is Windy Hills Dunes. My girlfriends favorite is BayWatch. We have also stayed at Barefoot resort which is not on the beach but has 4 championship golf courses. Be sure to go Barfeoot Landing & Broadway at the Beach. If you head north to Cherry Hill there are some great fish markets. A little further north in Wilmington, NC is a retired battleship you can tour.

Hopes this helps.

When we want more than a hotel "room" we stay at Ocean Creek (oceancreek.com). It's a nice resort area across the road from Barefoot Landing and near "restaurant row." There are various configurations, from ocean-front condos to more townhouse-like properties depending on what you want. There are pools (indoor and outdoor) and a restaurant on site. When we want a hotel room, we like the Marriott Grand Dunes. The prices are outrageous in peak season, but off season with AAA discount they're quite reasonable. It's a GORGEOUS hotel with first-rate staff. Good luck! My grandmother used to own a hotel in Myrtle Beach and I've been going there all my life - I love it! :goodvibes

We stayed at Compass Cove in South Myrtle beach. We really enjoyed it. It even came with free full breakfast that was really good : ). We took my MIL as well as 5 kids ( teens except 1) and they really enjoyed it also.

North is quiet but if you want on Myrtle then we allways stay at the Sea Mist Resort. It has its own little water park. It is made up of lots of buildings and has lots of pools and things to choose from. They are the nicest people that work there and they usually have things for the kids. Its not a Disney resort but it is very family orinted. They even have pkg. that include tickets to lots of things in Myrtle Beach.

:surfweb: Just so you know, if you click search on the Dis toolbar, you can just type in Myrtle Beach and get tons of information. I just did and there were lots of threads that have the information you are looking for.

We enjoyed our stay in south Mytle Beach - Pawley's Island. The only problem was that when we wanted to go out for dinner in the evenings, we had to go up the road about 15 miles or so.

We've been to Myrtle Beach multiple times: We mainly chose what's referred to as South Myrtle Beach. This year we are staying at the Marriott so I can't give you any specific information until we are back in April, but it looks beautiful. We've also stayed at the Sea Crest multiple times which was nice, the last time only OK, one of our favorites is Crown Reef, all ocean front room, very very nice. We used to always go in late September, right when the price's changed and have always had GREAT weather and it's not crowded at all, now with three kids in school we visit during April school vacation instead.

We stay in North Myrtle beach as well and enjoy it since it seemed more quiet and laid back than right in the middle of all the action.

I have stayed at Kingston Plantation before and it is really nice.

We camp in Myrtle Beach and all the big three campgrounds (Pirateland, Ocean Lakes, Lakewood) offer rental houses and condos. There is enough within the campgrounds to keep you busy without even venturing out into town.

PS- The rentals are very nice!

Compass Cove, Camelot by the Sea, Anderson Ocean Club

These are my favs - we live about 2 hours from Myrtle Beach and go 10 or more times during the summer and stay for 3-4 days each time. There are lots of nice places. One I don't like is the Patricia Grand. Looked great online, but sucked!!

When we want more than a hotel "room" we stay at Ocean Creek (oceancreek.com). It's a nice resort area across the road from Barefoot Landing and near "restaurant row." There are various configurations, from ocean-front condos to more townhouse-like properties depending on what you want. There are pools (indoor and outdoor) and a restaurant on site. When we want a hotel room, we like the Marriott Grand Dunes. The prices are outrageous in peak season, but off season with AAA discount they're quite reasonable. It's a GORGEOUS hotel with first-rate staff. Good luck! My grandmother used to own a hotel in Myrtle Beach and I've been going there all my life - I love it! :goodvibes

We have stayed at Ocean Creek twice and love it!

Another vote for the Southern part of MB:thumbsup2

#1 Coral Reef (all OF, fantastic poolscape)

#2 Compass Cove in the most southern building they have unique corner OV units with sep. BR & huge balcony; believe they sleep 8 with murphy bed & sofa bed...lots of different pools to choose from

#3 If you're looking for a "cheaper rate" The Landmark, nice OV rooms & huge indoor & outdoor pool areas; new mini golf across the street

if you want to be in more of a residential area, yet still in MB proper (not North MB); Montery Bay is smaller has nice units, free full breakfast & both oceanside & roof top pools

We stayed over Thanksgiving at the Marina Inn at Grande Dunes:

http://www.marinainnatgrandedunes.com/amenities/

It was wonderful, with very friendly service and great accommodations. We also liked the Marriott at Grande Dunes (different property - same street - similar name). The Marriott is oceanfront. The Marina Inn is on the Intracoastal Waterway. We have friends who just went to Dunes Village, but I haven't talked to them about their trip yet. Dunes Village was rated the #2 hotel in the US for families by Trip Advisor - not sure what criteria they used, but the hotel is oceanfront and has an indoor waterpark.

http://www.dunesvillage.com/

We love going to Myrtle Beach! There is so much to do there, and it is an easy trip for us.

The Caravelle Resort, we've stayed here 3 times. It's clean, nice size rooms on the beach, lazy river, hot tubs indoor and outdoor pools. Linda :)

Thanks for all the information.:flower3: I am going to check online all the hotels that everyone mentioned. It's a tough decision....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter