• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Myrtle Beach Weather

Zydebearsmom

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone can tell me how the weather is in Myrtle Beach during Spring Break April 2nd-April 6th.

Should be starting to warm up pretty well by then though a cool rainy day is always possible. Most places have indoor pools and there are lots of indoor activities to be had at Myrtle Beach.

We are about 4 hours away and get there several times a year. Where are you staying??

I am staying at Compass Cove. I wanted to be able to have some beach time, so I was worrried that the weather maybe to cold to be on the beach in the water.

It's a nice place. Weather is just so iffy. Expect water temps to still be low but maybe a few days to lay on the beach during the warmest part of the day. The winds can be quite cool, even on a fairly warm day.

Weather in April is variable, but usually pretty nice - low seventies with lots of sun. It might be 80 or it might be 60. The water will be freezing, however. Average water temp right now is in the fifties - it will likely still be in the sixties in April.

April is a very funny month, we have been when it's almost hot and beautiful and then again we've been when it's downright cold and rainy and miserable. You'll definitely need long pants and sweatshirts in the evening.

In April you can likely expect warm weather during the day -- likely you'll be able to lay out on the beach mid-day -- but you'll need jeans (maybe a jacket) once the sun goes down. The water will still be quite chilly.

We went in early May 2 years ago (right before bike week). Weather was unseasonably cold for a couple days. We did get 1 good beach day for the 4 days we were there. PS: that trip we stayed at compass cove and the kids loved it! I see they have added some waterslides since. Enjoy.... we love Myrtle Beach! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter