Myrtle Beach, SC Recommendations

Miniefan

DIS Veteran
Planning a small 3 day weekend trip this summer to Myrtle Beach. I have never visited and was wondering if I could get some ideas of things to do and places to stay. I have been looking for hotels but without knowing the area, its kind of hard to choose. I would like to be ocean front and close to most of the area attractions. Thanks!

Planning a small 3 day weekend trip this summer to Myrtle Beach. I have never visited and was wondering if I could get some ideas of things to do and places to stay. I have been looking for hotels but without knowing the area, its kind of hard to choose. I would like to be ocean front and close to most of the area attractions. Thanks!

Ocean Reef Resort was a great place to stay, right on the beach, lazy river and 2 or 3 pools!

We love to stay at Island Vista. It is in an excellent location. Close to shopping at Broadway at the Beach;tons of stores and restaurants. Our favorite restaurant is Sea Captains. The have steaks and seafood and are located on the water. They have the best she crab soup I have ever tasted. There are also shows at Broadway. If you have any specific questions you can pm me. We spend several weeks there every summer! Have fun!

I don't really have any suggestions for places to stay b/c we stay up in North Myrtle, but you want to be where the action is, you will be better in Myrtle Beach itself.

We always enjoy going to Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach.

We like to eat at The Chesapeake House. It overlooks a lake and there are sometimes alligators to see. They have wonderful sweet rolls. They used to take reservations, I guess they still do. I am hoping to be in NMB on my birthday this summer and this is where I want to go for my birthday dinner.

Have a good time!

welovedisneyx4 said:
I don't really have any suggestions for places to stay b/c we stay up in North Myrtle, but you want to be where the action is, you will be better in Myrtle Beach itself.

We always enjoy going to Barefoot Landing and Broadway at the Beach.

We like to eat at The Chesapeake House. It overlooks a lake and there are sometimes alligators to see. They have wonderful sweet rolls. They used to take reservations, I guess they still do. I am hoping to be in NMB on my birthday this summer and this is where I want to go for my birthday dinner.

Have a good time!

We vacation in North Myrtle every summer and LOVE the Chesapeake House!!!

I second Island Vista, we loved it! It was a good location for shopping and entertainment, but wasn't on the crazy stretch of beach. It was so quiet out there and I felt safer with the kids playing. We walked on the main stretch one day and everyone was packed on the beach so tight. My kids have been to Disney four times, but talk about Myrtle Beach more. If you have any other questions send me a PM and I'll be happy to answer them.

Thank you all very much for the suggestions!! I am super excited about going. My hubby and I will be going without the kids, so looking for some quiet relaxation and romance :love: I have already looked at Island Vista, if I remember correctly, it is #3 of top hotels on tripadvisor.

Thanks again!!

seawatch in north myrtle

excellent for kids and adults...we stay there every year

lots of pools and lazy rivers, they pool events and crafts for kids everyday.
excellent breakfast buffet

my kids favorite thing to do is magiquest at broadway on the beach

have fun...we go in july

Does anyone have any suggestions for things to do? I plan on spending some time at the beach but would love to do some other things as well.

Another vote for Long Bay Resort. I keep wanting to try Island Vista, but they are more expensive than Long Bay and I have a hard time forking over extra money when I'm perfecting happy at Long Bay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter