***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you write down the numbers or take a picture of the back of her pass? I am assuming you have already cancelled the pass over the phone with Guest Relations? Why don't you call Disney and find out your options for this? Without some intervention you will be unable to book FP+ reservations yourself. (Unless you know her AP No# and can plug it into MDE.) Good luck to you!::yes::

as an aside- I like the whole concept of MDE and tickets going forward being electronically linked into your account.

Seeing as how a set of disney tickets for our family can cost than a mortgage payment, we've always been nuts about taking photos of them or whatnot before cell phones with cameras were ubiquitous... well at least after the time one of my kids lost a hopper- we got lucky and although we had no photo or anything a ticket booth CM was able to figure out the appropriate info becasue luckily it had been a ticket in the middle of the sequence so they knew our ticket before and after....

After scanning in our AP's the other day- it's some what a relief knowing that they are all there. (even though i know AP's are easier to replace than just a hopper...)

hi all i asked this on another thread but didnt seem to get an answer so thought i'd ask here.

Is there any way to cancel 1 FP+ attraction? We got three for 31Oct when we are going to MNSSHP but we are going in to MK only at 4pm. One of the FP+ was for 1:20pm so. Thought I would cancel it so that I might have one up my sleeve if closer to the day something opened up in our time window. I can't seem to find a way other than cancelling them all which I don't want to do.

On another note, I thought I had read earlier that FP+ could be used along with regular Fastpass, but when I read this thread a bit more that would see not to be the case. :headache:

Please excuse my confusion-- we're 60 days out today, and I was going to make our FastPass+ reservations, but I'm having all sorts of problems. First, is FastPass+ officially available to everyone now? Because the only thing the website seems to be offering to me is to link my reservations and tickets (site says they're already linked- makes sense, since I bought a package) and to create my family and friends list (to "invite" my family to share in the planning-- so I have to "invite" my ten year old before I can choose fastpasses?).

This is what is says:

Get started by adding the people you travel with to your Family & Friends list, and then link your Resort hotel reservation and tickets to enjoy exciting new MyMagic+ features—like FastPass+ service—when they become available later this year.

1.Create Your Family & Friends List
2.Link Your Disney Resort Reservation and Theme Park Tickets

Even if you're not participating in the MyMagic+ test, you can still continue to enjoy all the perks available from the current FASTPASS service.

So, FastPass+ is NOT available to everyone yet? :dance3::confused3

Thanks in advance!

Editing to add: I've done a bit more reading, and I guess it's still in testing phase? But I thought I'd read that it was in use for everyone-- now I'm REALLY confused. Does that mean then that my family will just use the "legacy fastpass?" Thanks again.

So, FastPass+ is NOT available to everyone yet? :dance3::confused3

Correct, it's still a test period and is only available at selected resorts at the moment, but it will be gradually rolled out for testing at all Disney resorts over the next few weeks, and be available for guests with Disney hotel arrivals on or after 23 October.

Also, there is currently nothing loaded into the booking system for 'testing' after the end of October. However unless something goes horribly wrong, within the next couple of weeks we should see further availability being released (absolutely no later than 18 days before the end of Oct, but maybe sooner, watch this space) and maybe even see the system be declared as 'live' too?

Andre

hi all i asked this on another thread but didnt seem to get an answer so thought i'd ask here.

Is there any way to cancel 1 FP+ attraction? We got three for 31Oct when we are going to MNSSHP but we are going in to MK only at 4pm. One of the FP+ was for 1:20pm so. Thought I would cancel it so that I might have one up my sleeve if closer to the day something opened up in our time window. I can't seem to find a way other than cancelling them all which I don't want to do.

On another note, I thought I had read earlier that FP+ could be used along with regular Fastpass, but when I read this thread a bit more that would see not to be the case. :headache:

You can just leave your 1:20pm FP if you want. If you don't arrive until 4pm, you will still have that third FP time. You'll just have to change it when you get there, if there is availability for something.

Or just change the time right now to a later time. You can change individual rides to different times, or times to different rides.

As far as I know, you still have access to regular fastpass as well.

I'm so sorry because I know these questions have probably already been answered somewhere but when I did a search, couldn't find my answers.

1. I have no expiration tickets with one day left on them for the parks and 4 days for the water parks, etc. I linked them to my Magic Bands and will only be using the pass to go to MK for one day. What happens to the 4 day water park options? Can I still use my KTTW card on future trips or do I have to stay on the bands?

2. My Magic Bands have not yet shipped. Can I cancel them and just use my old KTTW card? If so, how do I do this.

3. Are the Magic Bands required to be worn on your wrist? Can I just keep it in my purse and pull it out when needed? I'm not big on things on my wrist.

Thanks so much for your help. You guys are awesome.

You can change individual rides to different times, or times to different rides.

I really can't get my head around the daft mess of a system they set up for initial bookings though. If you can go back and edit rides and times after you've booked them, why not just have a simple ADR-like screen for making the booking in the first place - just select the attraction and the desired time, and it would give you the closest available times to choose from. Simples.

The only thing I can think of is that they want people to be initially guided toward some of the less popular attractions and times in order to help balance the numbers out.

Andre

You can just leave your 1:20pm FP if you want. If you don't arrive until 4pm, you will still have that third FP time. You'll just have to change it when you get there, if there is availability for something.

Or just change the time right now to a later time. You can change individual rides to different times, or times to different rides.

As far as I know, you still have access to regular fastpass as well.

thanks Disneylover99. what I have not been able to work out how to do is actually change it. I have tried in the app and also on the website. Any further advice on this would be MUCH appreciated!

thanks Disneylover99. what I have not been able to work out how to do is actually change it. I have tried in the app and also on the website. Any further advice on this would be MUCH appreciated!

On the website you need to click the day and it will come up and at the bottom is says change/modify FP+ (something like that), click that, choose the ride, select the guests, select change time, then select a new time.

Are we able to get a Magic Band if we have a room reservation but no tickets attached in MDE yet? I know that we won't be able to prebook FP+ until we have the tickets attached but wondering about getting the Magic Band before we have purchased our new AP's.

Are we able to get a Magic Band if we have a room reservation but no tickets attached in MDE yet? I know that we won't be able to prebook FP+ until we have the tickets attached but wondering about getting the Magic Band before we have purchased our new AP's.

Yes.

Our Magic Bands have been shipped!! It says they should be here today! (Although it seems to early to track through UPS!) I am so tempted to stay home today so I can be here when they arrive! But, alas, I must go to work so we can actually afford to EAT while we're there!! Lol! :)

I really can't get my head around the daft mess of a system they set up for initial bookings though. If you can go back and edit rides and times after you've booked them, why not just have a simple ADR-like screen for making the booking in the first place - just select the attraction and the desired time, and it would give you the closest available times to choose from. Simples.

The only thing I can think of is that they want people to be initially guided toward some of the less popular attractions and times in order to help balance the numbers out.

Andre

I think that it's because a vast quantity of guests will be happy enough with the 4 presets they will get to choose from. And most of them will stick with "best match"
It will indeed allow Disney to direct guests towards rides and times that will allow for a good balance of things

only a few hardcore planners like we are here will bother with tweaking the FP+ weeks in advance.
Based on personnal experience, over 90% of end users work with default settings (including critical settings). There is no reason to believe that a vast majority of guests will take the time to modify their FP+.

And there is another reason I can see.
Changing a time or an experience only displays what's available. And you never get an error message (such a message being quite negative, in terms of "experience")

with an ADR system, you choose a restaurant, and a time. Sometimes it's no availability, sometimes you get alternate times. It works quite well

now imagine you need to choose 3 experiences, and choose a time for each one.
You have 3 experiences which can all be unavailable. And for all of those 3 you have a possibility that the time chosen is unavailable.
That's 6 possibilities to display an error message, and require the guest to make changes, which might lead to other errors too (and so on)
And even with alternate times, if you display an alternate time, it must not conflict with another experience's time (chosen or alternate), and the other experiences must have an alternate time available to be able to swap that time with the other experience's time ... see the headache coming ? :) It's a cascading chain of errors waiting to happen and fall on the guests head who would find the system too complicated to use.
Because it's only simple as long as there is availability for what you request. An ADR is simple, it's "yes" or "no", a FP+ is "yes if ... and if ... and if ... and ..." and "no but if ... and if ... and ..." it's never ending

the system, as it was designed, is the simplest way to do things, knowing that most of the users will keep the default (or A, B, C, D) presets, and knowing that allowing an ADR-like system would be too complex for the average user to use. (remember that we're Power Users here when it comes to MDE and Disney as a whole)

Sorry if this has been recently addressed, but we did not get MBs (unfortunately) but when I click on FastPass+ on the dw website, it leads me to the current week's calendar and states something to the effect that we aren't in the right time period.

So does this mean, that even though we don't have the MBs, we will be able to use FastPass+ and pre select our fast passes next week (We leave next Wednesday).

I'm ok without the MB, but would really love to have access to the FastPass+ system through the app.

Also, we are staying at Coronado. Are the chances slim that if we asked for the bands, that they'd be able to give some to us at check in?

We are AP holder and getting ours, but we have a room only ressie

That's why. You're still a resort guest, regardless of what ticket you hold.

AP holders are supposed to get MagicBands for free as well without needing a resort stay, but they haven't opened that up yet.

Other non-resort guests will eventually be able to purchase one (although getting a night at a value could be a cheaper way... :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter