***MyMagic+ & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all.

I'm getting Magic Bands, and have a few questions:

1) Will I also receive KTTW cards in the packet that's mailed and contains the ME tags? Or do I need to request them at check in?

2) I purchased tickets to MNSSHP and requested to have the tickets mailed to me. I received them today, and linked them to our package in My Disney Experience. Will I need to have the tickets with me when we go to the party, or is having our MBs (and presumably KTTW cards too) enough? I will bring them for security, but would like to know for sure. I'll confirm this with Disney, but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks!

Hello all.

I'm getting Magic Bands, and have a few questions:

1) Will I also receive KTTW cards in the packet that's mailed and contains the ME tags? Or do I need to request them at check in?

No. And you don't need to request them. They will give them to you, if they are still giving them.

2) I purchased tickets to MNSSHP and requested to have the tickets mailed to me. I received them today, and linked them to our package in My Disney Experience. Will I need to have the tickets with me when we go to the party, or is having our MBs (and presumably KTTW cards too) enough? I will bring them for security, but would like to know for sure. I'll confirm this with Disney, but thought I'd ask here too.

Thanks!

Disney does NOT WANT guests linking the party tickets at this point. I don't know the details, but that's what I've been hearing.

They will only accept the actual tickets for getting the wristbands for party access.

No. And you don't need to request them. They will give them to you, if they are still giving them.

Disney does NOT WANT guests linking the party tickets at this point. I don't know the details, but that's what I've been hearing.

They will only accept the actual tickets for getting the wristbands for party access.

I just mentioned the same thing on another board about the MNSSHP tickets as the CM on the phone was pretty adamant that I not link it up.

I just mentioned the same thing on another board about the MNSSHP tickets as the CM on the phone was pretty adamant that I not link it up.
I linked my MNSSHP tickets and I am not having any problems at all. I emailed Disney and they said they are telling people not to but it shouldn't be a problem if you do.

I linked my MNSSHP tickets and I am not having any problems at all. I emailed Disney and they said they are telling people not to but it shouldn't be a problem if you do.

Not having a problem as in you are at one of the parties and it worked fine?

There is no advantage in doing so, except for that one extra day of FP+. The risks of glitches with your tickets might outweigh that.

FP/FP+ is not used during the parties.

I'm not totally sure at this point. I believe they show up pretty quickly after they say they've shipped shortly after the displayed deadline for customizing. They don't seem to be adhering to the "10 day" limit they stated before, at least not yet.

If you have the Disney Will-Call barcode number, you can register them in your profile.

You are my hero tonight! One less set of questions for me to worry about- apparently I've been out of the loop with the magic of Disney until the other day, when I realized all this stuff was happening NOW. Thank you. :lovestruc

Not having a problem as in you are at one of the parties and it worked fine?

There is no advantage in doing so, except for that one extra day of FP+. The risks of glitches with your tickets might outweigh that.

FP/FP+ is not used during the parties.
I don't go to the party till October 31st but I do not plan on using fast pass either. I have my receipt for tickets just in case there is a problem. I didn't know they were recommending not to link them till after I did it lol.

We'll be at WDW 11/30. Assuming everything is rolled out by then like the rumored schedules are indicating, when should I expect the customize magic bands link on my MDE account to become active? The FP+ options? Would they both become available at 60 days when the online check in does?

Nursing baby + iPhone make thread searching difficult so I'm sorry but I need to post a Q.

How does FP+ work with rider swap? I'll be travelling with a tall kid, a short kid and an infant so I expect we will have to do some parent/ride juggling.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: travelling in a few weeks!!

Nursing baby + iPhone make thread searching difficult so I'm sorry but I need to post a Q.

How does FP+ work with rider swap? I'll be travelling with a tall kid, a short kid and an infant so I expect we will have to do some parent/ride juggling.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: travelling in a few weeks!!

Works just like it did in the past. No changes from what I have heard.

So I booked a fast pass to Fantasmic for on of the nights of our trip. Can anyone tell me how this works?

Me too! Booked for Wishes, Illuminations and Fantasmic!

Now that I have them, I too am wondering where you go for the viewing areas for these?

Wondering if I should keep them or just redo our FP+ for another ride.

Now that I have them, I too am wondering where you go for the viewing areas for these?

Wondering if I should keep them or just redo our FP+ for another ride.

What days is Fantasmic available? I've been struggling with this one...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What days is Fantasmic available? I've been struggling with this one...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I booked it for October 1 - not sure about any other dates. This was the last one I was waiting for because we wanted this specific date.

I have Wishes on September 21 and Illuminations on September 28.

I arrive on Saturday!

The really stupid thing is that they must KNOW that people will try this?

Why don't they have a simple bit of code that checks the database and if you're trying to link a party ticket it pops up a polite message saying that you can't yet link party tickets?

I know this is a test phase, but they really do need to prevent people from doing things which they already know won't work properly.

Andre

Why don't they have a simple bit of code that checks the database and if you're trying to link a party ticket it pops up a polite message saying that you can't yet link party tickets?

I know this is a test phase, but they really do need to prevent people from doing things which they already know won't work properly.

Andre
I got my party tickets last may and linked them then because that's what they told me to do at that time.

Slightly OT, but I'm not that fussed about Disney's "preferred" locations for firework viewing. I have my own preferred place for Illuminations, which is just about the perfect view - symmetrical view of all the water-based and low-level stuff, globe nicely visible nearby, no trees - and as it's quite a way back into World Showcase, even on a busy August day I could still get a great place with no-one in front of me 30 mins before the show. I'd take that any time over Disney's chosen area. And no, I'm not telling. :)

Andre

From what I am understanding about the party tickets, you can link them they will show up in your reservations BUT you will need the actual hard ticket to gain entrance to the party as they will not work using just the MB like your linked park tickets

Adding to the roll-out rumor...
A chatty CM at Rafiki's Planet Watch pulled a printed schedule out of his pocket and showed it to my DDs. It showed time lines for each of the resorts beginning MBs and when guests would be alerted that their resort is participating. Full rollout was complete in Nov. Also had PURPLE added to list of MB colour choices.

One thing for sure, more FP+ kiosks are needed when everyone in the park has MBs. It was pretty cool using the bands to customize our cars at Test Track, but no rose at BOG, they knew where we were.

Why don't they have a simple bit of code that allows linking of tickets from UT consistently? Or AP vouchers? Or that you just customized a magicband for one trip and don't need another?

People seem incredulous that Disney IT could have so many problems. They must not have been using the web site for the past, oh, ever. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter